IGNORED

PSU buzzing like angry bee

The g7000 went through various revisions and as a result, PSUs are in various states of condition and quality. A buzzing PSU is not necessarily a sign of danger and I had a second machine with a PSU that buzzed louder than my jaguar and it was fine. Assuming it doesn't smell, smoke or sets on fire, it's probably OK.

If you are worried, make sure it's on a surge protected extension you can turn off easily. Obviously with a g7000 there is no on off button, so remember to take the psu out when not in use. You'll remember presumably because you will hear it. It'll probably bother you enough to replace it eventually, though it might be cheaper to just buy an entire system with wires included. 

On 5/18/2021 at 10:06 PM, Mikebloke said:

The g7000 went through various revisions and as a result, PSUs are in various states of condition and quality. A buzzing PSU is not necessarily a sign of danger and I had a second machine with a PSU that buzzed louder than my jaguar and it was fine. Assuming it doesn't smell, smoke or sets on fire, it's probably OK.

If you are worried, make sure it's on a surge protected extension you can turn off easily. Obviously with a g7000 there is no on off button, so remember to take the psu out when not in use. You'll remember presumably because you will hear it. It'll probably bother you enough to replace it eventually, though it might be cheaper to just buy an entire system with wires included. 

Thanks Mikebloke for your fine input and advice. I'll try using the PSU and try to ignore the buzzing. I'll keep an eye on the PSU getting to hot, smoking or start smelling. I'll already looking for at replacement online. Thanks again ?