IGNORED

RG351V

Harry_Dodgson

On 5/20/2021 at 12:55 PM, Harry_Dodgson said:

I just got one of these and it is fantastic - has PD software and emulates dozens of game systems.  Makes GBC, GBA and NGPC games look and sound good.

Harry

I have an RG351p.  It is a good little device, but I am ready for the 5 incher they reportedly have in the works as I thought about getting the RGB 10 Max, but prefer to wait a little.

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, digdugnate said:

necroing a little since I just picked one up.  So far the device has exceeded my expectations.  :)  Would totally recommend.

Awesome! I'll be picking up a 351V next month as well since I want to get one before they go out of production and I think the woodgrain model looks really snazzy and will be a great way to play Atari (and pretty much everything else up to and including original PlayStation games) on the go. I'll be really curious to see how the single analog stick works for Atari 5200 games and whether or not it'll be a decently acceptable control option for Atari 2600 paddle games :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Awesome! I'll be picking up a 351V next month as well since I want to get one before they go out of production and I think the woodgrain model looks really snazzy and will be a great way to play Atari (and pretty much everything else up to and including original PlayStation games) on the go. I'll be really curious to see how the single analog stick works for Atari 5200 games and whether or not it'll be a decently acceptable control option for Atari 2600 paddle games :)

Let me know if you want any faq links/etc or gotchas I ran into.  :)  I haven't used it for Atari stuff, but I can say it works a treat for NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA.  Some MAME stuff works kind of wonky, but it's really outside the scope of why I picked up the device so anything that does work is just an added bonus.

I ended up going with the Grey one, hehe.  The weight feels really good in my hands and it's pretty comfortable to hold (even after a three-hour game session).  The screen is super sharp and controls feel really nice.

The only thing with mine is that I eventually ended up chucking the tempered glass screen protector because 1) I could never get the dang thing to seat without weird air pockets and 2) i ended up dropping it on the floor and getting cat hair all over it, lol.

• Like 1