IGNORED

Lakka/Retroarch Threaded Video issues

envytomdead2

I have raspberry pi 4b 2gb ram, 1.5GHz quad core CPU. I have lakka with retroarch installed. It has an old version of Stella (2014) on it. Any game that relies on flicker i.e. Joust and Asteroids is unplayable as certain elements seem to appear one or the other. In Joust for example you either see your character or the enemies never together unless you turn off threaded video. However once I do that everything runs at a crawl. A Retron 77 using stock firmware on the same tv does not exhibit these issues. I would almost be inclined to just stick to the Retron 77 since I have it updated to Dirty Harry's latest firmware but then I noticed a minor issue with Golden Axe for the Genesis. When you kill an enemy normal they fade away and then disappear, on my pi the enemy just disappears. Once again turning off threaded video fixes the issues but everything is reduced to a crawl. Does anyone know what the root cause of this could be? Is lakka just flaky?