IGNORED

Artist needed for new homebrew game

Al_Nafuur

Good Evening!

I am writing a a new batari Basic game and I am wondering if any artists would like to design the title screen and boxart/label?

Here is a link to the game discussion:

Please let me know if you are interested!

13 hours ago, Skwrl63 said:

Best I can do......good luck buddy

Top photo Main Label

Bottom photo End Label

PicsArt_05-28-08.28.27_1622252279621.png

PicsArt_05-28-08.35.20_1622252190868.png

Cool I like the helicopter and the "glowing" font. The background image is quite cool, but very intrusive and I can't figure out what it represents  ? is it blood or fire (or both?)

11 hours ago, vhzc said:

I could make something like this:

cave.thumb.png.c99ee8b6cc2840c5ec2f1c036d1a29bb.png

the typical vhzc design, I like it. My daughter is a great fan of your Ninjish Guy:

I currently have no idea how to implement one of the designs as a title screen (especially with the restrictions of the title screen kernel)

1 hour ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Cool I like the helicopter and the "glowing" font. The background image is quite cool, but very intrusive and I can't figure out what it represents  ? is it blood or fire (or both?)

the typical vhzc design, I like it. My daughter is a great fan of your Ninjish Guy:

I currently have no idea how to implement one of the designs as a title screen (especially with the restrictions of the title screen kernel)

For Title Screen you'll have to make a compromise and  use a simplified, pixel art version I think.

Something like this maybe:

That's scaled, but original is 48x48.

helicapt.png.89fef5152c4e5ad164d5ad320ce5f4ac.png

Edited by vhzc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

The original background image was that of an ice cave, but it wasn't very "apocalyptic"

So I just used the ice cave image as a base for the background design and decided to alter the effects to give it a more apocalyptic feel.

I guess it could be blood, or fire (kind of left it up to the imagination). The background was really meant just to abstractly represent the Apocalypse.?

FB_IMG_1622246770039_1622249269057.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skwrl63 said:

The original background image was that of an ice cave, but it wasn't very "apocalyptic"

So I just used the ice cave image as a base for the background design and decided to alter the effects to give it a more apocalyptic feel.

I guess it could be blood, or fire (kind of left it up to the imagination). The background was really meant just to abstractly represent the Apocalypse.?

FB_IMG_1622246770039_1622249269057.png

Ice Cave nice ?

With the level editor I have build an "Ice Cave" level (not public, one of my private levels):
grafik.thumb.png.67aa63107732377369f2c8bc2898e9fe.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vhzc said:

For Title Screen you'll have to make a compromise and  use a simplified, pixel art version I think.

Something like this maybe:

That's scaled, but original is 48x48.

helicapt.png.89fef5152c4e5ad164d5ad320ce5f4ac.png

I have scaled it to 96x48:

grafik.png.0d677fbc22e1bddf93b7f36bbbcefaa4.png

very nice, but still to large to fit below the title on my 96x60 title screen.

grafik.png.a129854e5f0c3f52dd2c8f667f93ce02.png