IGNORED

Atarivox Inside

juansolo

That Xboard looks tasty, does anything actually support it though?

My thoughts for internal mods that don't exist but would be awesome. One would be an implementation of RJ's pass-thru YM/POKEY adapter that he reckons is doable. I assume that could be fettled internally... Would only work with Pac-Man Anniversary currently to be fair, but it'd still be awesome.

Currently deciding whether or not to try and fit a SNES2Atari internally for RatTrap. I've made a crappy extention lead adapter to try it (it's awesome). But I'm considering something less ugly...

Also when the KiloParsec ROM is finally released, I plan on making it switchable between that and Asteroids.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, juansolo said:

My thoughts for internal mods that don't exist but would be awesome.

On that note: an SMD version of the Atarivox with the equivalent of an 8P2T switch implemented in an IC on it.  Include pads to solder wiring to for a remote switch.  That's the dream, anyway ;)

In trying to start the Atarivox Inside project for my 7800, getting the Atarivox was the easy part.  Those switches are proving difficult to find, at least on this side of the world.

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

On that note: an SMD version of the Atarivox with the equivalent of an 8P2T switch implemented in an IC on it.  Include pads to solder wiring to for a remote switch.  That's the dream, anyway ;)

In trying to start the Atarivox Inside project for my 7800, getting the Atarivox was the easy part.  Those switches are proving difficult to find, at least on this side of the world.

It only actually uses six lines, so you could get away with a 6 pole switch. I ended up staying with the 8 because I was also implementing the resistor bodge to sort out the TIA issues also with Rikki & Vikki with my machine.

The dude we get the 8pdt from looks like he ships internationally. No idea how much it'd cost though... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362635750770

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, juansolo said:

It only actually uses six lines, so you could get away with a 6 pole switch. I ended up staying with the 8 because I was also implementing the resistor bodge to sort out the TIA issues also with Rikki & Vikki with my machine.

Ah, OK - I think I recall you mentioning this before, but I sort of glossed over it.  From a quick glance at an Atarivox pinout, it looks like pins 5, 6, and 9 are unused.  Does this sound about right?

22 minutes ago, juansolo said:

The dude we get the 8pdt from looks like he ships internationally. No idea how much it'd cost though... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362635750770

Thanks for that; he was actually one of the ones I was considering so good to know he's legit.  I'll ask him about shipping, but if only a 6P switch is needed then things just became much easier :D