IGNORED

HSC18 Round 10: THE GREAT OUTDOORS

Does anyone want a couple of extra days or until Sunday if so post soon?!!!

Hover Bover

Hazard Run

WW 56,369

BP 91,756

HC 73,735 (still not completed!)

Equestrian

1-1: 3:23 2:48.8 (8)

2-2: 4:14 2:16.4 (20)

Poll for Round 11: OPEN

This round extended until TUESDAY 22ND JUNE 10AM UK TIME

:cool:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I was gonna get a few games in tonight, but I’m ok with ending whenever. Been meaning to be more active ?

:thumbsup:

OK let's say final extension until  Thursday night -  24th June 6pm UK time (1pm EST)

Tables for this round: UPDATED

Votes please everyone Round 11 POLL

• Like 2

Hover Bovver - 2,526

hb.thumb.JPG.f011265e8571178704642bf37a645699.JPG

Damnation! ? hahaha

Not having any luck booting up Hazard Run on my Ultimate Cart, even after following these steps that got Popeye Arcade working for me before. Was able to get an emulator to load it, so I'll try that out later. Also gotta get an Equestrian score in...

All the issues I come across with loading games really shows the difference between a retro computer and a retro game system. No matter how they tried to sell the XEGS as a console, 30 odd years later I'm having file format trouble on a flash cart that they never would've expected ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Not having any luck booting up Hazard Run on my Ultimate Cart, even after following these steps that got Popeye Arcade working for me before

I had some issues too with my unocart A8.  I used one of the versions from this site:

http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=katalog&sub=H&tg=Hazard Run#Hazard Run

Don't remember which exact one worked but one did.  As usual disable Basic before loading.

50 minutes ago, AtariSphinx said:

I had some issues too with my unocart A8.  I used one of the versions from this site:

http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=katalog&sub=H&tg=Hazard Run#Hazard Run

Don't remember which exact one worked but one did.  As usual disable Basic before loading.

Yeah, I tried the .xex (and.atr don't run) ?  How do you disable Basic?

On 6/22/2021 at 11:31 PM, fakecortex said:

Hover Bovver - 2,526

Damnation! ? hahaha

Not having any luck booting up Hazard Run on my Ultimate Cart, even after following these steps that got Popeye Arcade working for me before. Was able to get an emulator to load it, so I'll try that out later. Also gotta get an Equestrian score in...

All the issues I come across with loading games really shows the difference between a retro computer and a retro game system. No matter how they tried to sell the XEGS as a console, 30 odd years later I'm having file format trouble on a flash cart that they never would've expected ;)

I had the same problem on my 800XL and Ultimate cart, it loaded fine on my SIO2SD

21 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

Hold the option button down before and during the load of the game (i.e press it and hold it before selecting the game to load and hold it until the game has loaded).

No luck here, thanks tho. 

Tried on my emulator and my keyboarding won't cut it. It is what it is...

Hazard Run - Chicken Run 12,284

hr-cr12284.thumb.png.a4e408db586be1bbaddd5304633dd3c8.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fakecortex said:

No luck here, thanks tho. 

Tried on my emulator and my keyboarding won't cut it. It is what it is...

Bummer.  I would have thought the Ultimate cart would work as it seems more capable than the uno which does work in this case.  Given others had similar issues with this cart it must be a cart specific issue.  I would guess someone would be able to figure out the root cause and fix the firmware. 

Edited by AtariSphinx
Update
  • Sad 1