IGNORED

Kega Fusion full screen

Class316

When I run the emulator in full screen mode, it stretches the image to widescreen. Is there a way to keep the aspect ratio 4x3 in full screen like most every other emulator? Am I missing something or is it just not possible with Kega? 

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Class316

29 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Under "Full Screen Resolution" select the resolution of your desktop.  I use 1920x1080:

image.png.c5b5fa82c4ac749c6a8059c4b9a37eaa.png

If I select 640x480, as checked in the capture provided...

image.thumb.png.666ba74ac102d6333589812bf77f7ac2.png

...it results in a stretched image as well.

That sort of worked. The image is not stretched but part of it goes off screen. Damn. Maybe Kega is just old like that. 

12 minutes ago, Class316 said:

That sort of worked. The image is not stretched but part of it goes off screen. Damn. Maybe Kega is just old like that. 

The "Nearest Multiple" option, just below the "Fixed Aspect" options, shrinks the image a bit for me; of course, YMMV.

If no luck there, try experimenting with the resolution that are available; hopefully one will be satisfactory for you.

Seems impossible. I'm chalking it to Kega not being updated since 2010. What a crying shame. Kega is so awesome. Runs pretty much all Sega CD, 32X, and 32X CD (in fact the only emulator that does 32X CD). And runs almost all Sega Genesis and SMS/GG roms. And any Genesis or SMS/GG roms it doesn't run, Mednafe Multi System Emu does. Such a pity this mighty emulator can't be updated. 

This is what ended up working for me. I set the full screen resolution to my display which was 1920x1080.

right clicked the exe went to properties>compatibility>Change High DPI Settings>

Ticked the override high DPI scaling box. Then pressed ok.