IGNORED

Captain Commando...a game that needs more love!

awbacon

I third the motion that Captain Commando is awesome!  I think it was bigger in Japan.  some of the commercials for Capcom's Beat'Em Up Bundle featured a live action guy in a Captain Commando suit, pretty funny stuff.  Also agree with Cebus, Baby Commando (and the piledriver!) for the win.

I am going to throw out there that if you're a Cap Commando fan... the SNES version is actually not too bad.  Not up to the Arcade version, but an excellent conversion clearly done with lots of love.

On 6/6/2021 at 11:29 PM, Curious Sofa said:

I third the motion that Captain Commando is awesome!  I think it was bigger in Japan.  some of the commercials for Capcom's Beat'Em Up Bundle featured a live action guy in a Captain Commando suit, pretty funny stuff.  Also agree with Cebus, Baby Commando (and the piledriver!) for the win.

I am going to throw out there that if you're a Cap Commando fan... the SNES version is actually not too bad.  Not up to the Arcade version, but an excellent conversion clearly done with lots of love.

lol I never saw that commercial! Thanks for posting...pretty funny

51 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

I also dig Battle Circuit.  The only thing as good as a baby in a robot suit is a girl on a pink ostrich!

Frankly I was disappointed by both. Battle Circuit is too weird for me and the RPG aspects (you unlock moves for a specific character) makes it difficult to try different characters. Captain Commando is ok, but a little basic (even though it features a special jump attack after running like in Golden Axe). Warriors of Fate is the real gem for me in the Capcom compilation, but I also enjoyed Armored Warriors a lot (weird too but more balanced imho).

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

Frankly I was disappointed by both. Battle Circuit is too weird for me and the RPG aspects (you unlock moves for a specific character) makes it difficult to try different characters. Captain Commando is ok, but a little basic (even though it features a special jump attack after running like in Golden Axe). Warriors of Fate is the real gem for me in the Capcom compilation, but I also enjoyed Armored Warriors a lot (weird too but more balanced imho).

I'm a sucker for Knights of the Round as well.  Magic Sword would've been a neat addition, so maybe Capcom will nickel-and-dime folks on Arcade Stadium for that one, hehe.

On 6/12/2021 at 5:47 AM, RuySan said:

It's a good game, but compared to the likes of AVP, Cadillacs, the punisher it feels a bit stiff. But it's understandable because it's an older game.

And yes, the baby is the best:)

yeah this was earlier than those games so you can def feel a generational difference

On 6/11/2021 at 4:04 PM, roots.genoa said:

Yes, I love Knights of the Round too. It's a bit basic compared to later games like Warriors of Fate, but it's better than The King of Dragons, which is very pretty but only offers a grand total of 2 moves. ?

I think King of Dragons might be my favorite of all of them... it feels fairer than most, and it makes less feel like more. The game flow very quickly without any knockdowns or lengthy combos. 

Captain Commando is another one of my very favorites, but after playing way too much of it, some parts really wear on me a bit, like the two gun dude bosses at the end of the water base level, and doing the bonus level for the 80th time.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Daj said:

I think King of Dragons might be my favorite of all of them... it feels fairer than most, and it makes less feel like more. The game flow very quickly without any knockdowns or lengthy combos. 

Captain Commando is another one of my very favorites, but after playing way too much of it, some parts really wear on me a bit, like the two gun dude bosses at the end of the water base level, and doing the bonus level for the 80th time.

also an awesome game. I have a video scheduled for it once it comes up alphabetically :)