IGNORED

Surface Mount board/design status

Andrew Davie

I'm itching to have my hands on the Brazillian PlusCart board with the surface mount components.

I'd love to be making some stand-alone (auto-boot) carts, and I figure this would only be feasible if I had the boards populated by the manufacturer of the boards themseves. Some offer it as an option.  I'm sick of soldering, frankly.

So, I'm pretty sure I remember our Brazillian contact promising to make them open source.... any news?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

I'm itching to have my hands on the Brazillian PlusCart board with the surface mount components.

As far as I remember it is without USB connector, so it cannot be flashed by the user without the STM-Link.

I'd love to be making some stand-alone (auto-boot) carts, and I figure this would only be feasible if I had the boards populated by the manufacturer of the boards themseves. Some offer it as an option.

Auto-boot without WiFi and without SD-Card (PlusCart zero) is possible with the breakout board too.

I'm sick of soldering, frankly.

Me too, but I have a contact that likes soldering and does a good job for € 6 per board.

So, I'm pretty sure I remember our Brazillian contact promising to make them open source.... any news?

@DablioGames  Is there any news about the release of the PCB?