IGNORED

JVC X'Eye faulty console no power, any tips?

TeTsUyUkI

So im going to buy locally a faulty JVC X'eye as an future project, and i wanted to know if the problem this console has could be very easy to fix, or not worth trying.

So the seller says that the system was working correctly both the Cd and cartridge system, but he recently drop the console by accident and now the consoles doesn't turn on, i tried to get some info on the internet but it seems that no one has had a similar problem, so i wanted to know if its worth my time to fix it, or just as a cool piece for display.

Screenshot_20210611-042143.png

Edited by TeTsUyUkI

Without specific information, it's hard to say, but check the power input thingy. If that got damaged when it was dropped and no longer is able to power the system, that would explain why it doesn't turn on anymore. Theoretically, if that's the only thing wrong with it, fix it/replace it and it should work. Also try poking the motherboard with a multimeter.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Without specific information, it's hard to say, but check the power input thingy. If that got damaged when it was dropped and no longer is able to power the system, that would explain why it doesn't turn on anymore. Theoretically, if that's the only thing wrong with it, fix it/replace it and it should work. Also try poking the motherboard with a multimeter.

I hope when i get it thats the problem and nothing related to broken traces or one of the chips being dead.

But thanks for the tip, i will share some more in dept pics when i get it.

6 minutes ago, TeTsUyUkI said:

I hope when i get it thats the problem and nothing related to broken traces or one of the chips being dead.

But thanks for the tip, i will share some more in dept pics when i get it.

You may just have to resolder the power input thing. Open it, check it, and if it's still firmly attached, plug it in, turn it on, and stab the motherboard with a multimeter to see what's happening. I'm not the best person to ask about this stuff, though...

• Like 1

More than likey, it is the power input port on the back of the console. My guess is that if a power cable was plugged into when it was dropped, then that put undue stress on the port and either broken one of the leads from the solder on the board or possibly bent the internal connection inside somehow and it isn't making proper contact. So yes the power port is the first thing to check in this case. I believe it is the exact same port used on the model 2 Genesis so should be an easy part to get and replace out if the actual port itself is broken internally in some way.

• Like 1