IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

@Morpheus - In an odd coincidence, I received a lot today with a French Canadian Sleeved Major League Baseball!  Check out my post here: 

Here are a couple pictures:

FC_Sleeved_Major_League_Baseball_01a.thumb.jpg.dd9a627a3ab8e5f4bf5b2e3e75b5eced.jpgFC_Sleeved_Major_League_Baseball_06.thumb.jpg.59002e28440b117046914b43080b7449.jpg

The lot also contained an 8920 manual for NBA Basketball which are the French-only, printed in Canada manuals that were added to these sleeved games before they started printing the dual language boxes. So this NBA Basketball was likely a sleeved version, but the sleeve has been lost.

There are several collectors on AA that have significant collections of sleeved games. But I don't think anyone has all of them. There is speculation that all of the 19 original Intellivision games have sleeved versions.  As far as I know, the ones that have been found are:

• ABPA Backgammon / Le Backgammom
  • Auto Racing / La Course Automobile [NOTE: I've never seen a photo of this one]
  • The Electric Company: Math Fun / Jouons Avec Les Chiffres
  • Horse Racing / La Course de Chevaux
  • Las Vegas Roulette / La Roulette de Las Vegas
  • Major League Baseball / Le Baseball de la Ligue Majeure
  • NASL Soccer / Le Soccer de la NASL
  • NBA Basketball / Le Basketball NBA
  • NHL Hockey / Le Hockey LNH
  • PGA Golf / Le Golf PGA
  • Space Battle / Combat de L'Espace
  • U.S. Ski Team Skiing / Le Ski

Of the remaining 19, Canadian printed 8920 manuals have been found for:

• Armor Battle
  • Tennis
  • Sea Battle

Which leaves:

• Checkers
  • Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack
  • NFL Football
  • Word Fun

Poker was the pack-in for the original French Canadian console, so there is a good chance it didn't get the sleeve but it does have the 8920 manual. I got one of these pack-in versions today as well.

I can see NFL Football MAYBE not getting one because of the need to translate the Playbooks.  They did this for the regular French Canadian release, but that might have been difficult for the Sleeved release.

I can see why Word Fun, a video game about English words would not get the French sleeved treatment. But, who knows.

Edited by BigDumer

1 hour ago, BigDumer said:

@Morpheus - In an odd coincidence, I received a lot today with a French Canadian Sleeved Major League Baseball!  Check out my post here: 

Here are a couple pictures:

FC_Sleeved_Major_League_Baseball_01a.thumb.jpg.dd9a627a3ab8e5f4bf5b2e3e75b5eced.jpgFC_Sleeved_Major_League_Baseball_06.thumb.jpg.59002e28440b117046914b43080b7449.jpg

The lot also contained an 8920 manual for NBA Basketball which are the French-only, printed in Canada manuals that were added to these sleeved games before they started printing the dual language boxes. So this NBA Basketball was likely a sleeved version, but the sleeve has been lost.

There are several collectors on AA that have significant collections of sleeved games. But I don't think anyone has all of them. There is speculation that all of the 19 original Intellivision games have sleeved versions.  As far as I know, the ones that have been found are:

• ABPA Backgammon / Le Backgammom
  • Auto Racing / La Course Automobile [NOTE: I've never seen a photo of this one]
  • The Electric Company: Math Fun / Jouons Avec Les Chiffres
  • Horse Racing / La Course de Chevaux
  • Las Vegas Roulette / La Roulette de Las Vegas
  • Major League Baseball / Le Baseball de la Ligue Majeure
  • NASL Soccer / Le Soccer de la NASL
  • NBA Basketball / Le Basketball NBA
  • NHL Hockey / Le Hockey LNH
  • PGA Golf / Le Golf PGA
  • Space Battle / Combat de L'Espace
  • U.S. Ski Team Skiing / Le Ski

Of the remaining 19, Canadian printed 8920 manuals have been found for:

• Armor Battle
  • Tennis
  • Sea Battle

Which leaves:

• Checkers
  • Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack
  • NFL Football
  • Word Fun

Poker was the pack-in for the original French Canadian console, so there is a good chance it didn't get the sleeve but it does have the 8920 manual. I got one of these pack-in versions today as well.

I can see NFL Football MAYBE not getting one because of the need to translate the Playbooks.  They did this for the regular French Canadian release, but that might have been difficult for the Sleeved release.

I can see why Word Fun, a video game about English words would not get the French sleeved treatment. But, who knows.

Please post Full Front, Back and edge views of this sleeve and any other sleeves, that you may have. I will then update the global picture database with said information

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Please send us some more picks when you get it.🙏

Sure, I'll take some pics.  Hopefully have it next Thursday night.  Always exciting to try to get an old console working again.  I want to try adding modern video out but don't want to risk one of my existing working consoles so a backup repaired Intellivision will be the test subject.  The sleeved Horse Racing sealed the deal. 

15 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Sure, I'll take some pics.  Hopefully have it next Thursday night.  Always exciting to try to get an old console working again.  I want to try adding modern video out but don't want to risk one of my existing working consoles so a backup repaired Intellivision will be the test subject.  The sleeved Horse Racing sealed the deal. 

Please post pictures, of the edges of the Horse Racing sleeve. I have decent pics of the front and back

Edited by Wizewonathome

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Folks!

Just posting some pics of the Golf 0810-G1 made in Hong Kong that I bought today, not listed on Intvfunhouse but recorded in @Wizewonathome catalog!

1EA8DF2A-B1CE-484A-A915-5416C7EB5DAD.thumb.jpeg.13aa467f31fdc95dacf5ef99c1cc71c5.jpeg

2DE783B2-119B-4DD8-ABA7-78459AC32339.thumb.jpeg.aebdc939a371a0348e162a0fa2389171.jpeg

8019AFC1-6A89-465A-9B39-CF2F7C0A8F8D.thumb.jpeg.47500bc1cafe0b40410dde1f557158ec.jpeg

172556CF-03E7-4AD1-B430-17155A0B9E43.thumb.jpeg.b75279edb55f03a233476a351aa9d78c.jpeg

BB09166F-4E6C-4C3B-8111-849016E34CD9.thumb.jpeg.294cb0e314c95f5a3cd45ca80998f444.jpeg

Welcome to the Variant Collectors Club Morpheus. So happy you got the bug.

giphy (4) (3).gif

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 1:56 PM, Morpheus said:

Is there any reason why those three games shouldn’t have had the shielded PCB at all in your mind? Change of manufacturer? Production date? I can’t figure out, would you have an idea?

Change in FCC certification requirements.

On 6/30/2021 at 6:48 AM, Morpheus said:

Do you think it was just a drawing or it could have been a screenshot of a prototype version of the game?

Drawing.

On 7/31/2022 at 1:00 PM, Intymike said:

It's not mis translated, it's freely translated, because Happy Trails sounds strange in German: Fröhliche Pfade?

It's not a question of mis-translation or free translation, it's a question of marketing picking a title they think will grab the customer in the relevant market. Marketing was very proud of its prowess in naming games; it changed Blackjack and Poker (which is still the cartridge title screen) into Las Vegas Poker and Blackjack, Powww! into Sharp Shot, Adventure into Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Cartridge, Minotaur into Treasure of Tarmin and Some of Theirs into Triple Action for the North American market. Moscowitz was especially proud of Mr. Basic Meets Bits N Bytes. There was some suggestion that B-17 Bomber be retitled Blitz auf London for the German market, but nothing ever came of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks!

Hope you are getting ready for a nice week-end !

I bought last week on Ebay UK a Space Armada variant that I couldn’t find in my list, Intvfunhouse,  @Wizewonathome and @BSRSteve lists.

It’s a 3759-0810-G1 made in HK.

Also the manual 3759-0820 is not listed in Intvfunhouse…

It’s looks like we have here a new variant!😎🤠

You gotta update your lists Folks!🤣🤣

2219F917-7BEB-44A6-A885-0D77CAC49DA6.thumb.jpeg.91ba26997d510004983bf1794ce65f67.jpeg

8B529E12-AA2E-4B60-B814-26A798F788FB.thumb.jpeg.a3177ff0bfe1e5d4fbe1324c40ac2f74.jpeg

59F6A7FF-CDAE-48ED-ABF8-C4FC8A86ED44.thumb.jpeg.fb58c3febc7e007b166173e1bcba9b53.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hi Folks!

Hope you are getting ready for a nice week-end !

I bought last week on Ebay UK a Space Armada variant that I couldn’t find in my list, Intvfunhouse,  @Wizewonathome and @BSRSteve lists.

It’s a 3759-0810-G1 made in HK.

Also the manual 3759-0820 is not listed in Intvfunhouse…

It’s looks like we have here a new variant!😎🤠

You gotta update your lists Folks!🤣🤣

2219F917-7BEB-44A6-A885-0D77CAC49DA6.thumb.jpeg.91ba26997d510004983bf1794ce65f67.jpeg

8B529E12-AA2E-4B60-B814-26A798F788FB.thumb.jpeg.a3177ff0bfe1e5d4fbe1324c40ac2f74.jpeg

59F6A7FF-CDAE-48ED-ABF8-C4FC8A86ED44.thumb.jpeg.fb58c3febc7e007b166173e1bcba9b53.jpeg

Please post the appropriate clear views, as in the past, sides front back and inside, so as I can update the picture database. I have now added this variant to the spreadsheet.

9 hours ago, Wizewonathome said:

Please post the appropriate clear views, as in the past, sides front back and inside, so as I can update the picture database. I have now added this variant to the spreadsheet.

Sure!

But the game has just been delivered to my londonian base, it will take some weeks before I’ll have cumulated a decent pile to be shipped here in Italy… Actually, I just made a shipping last week from London, I’ll have some news for all of you next week!😎😎😎

• 2 weeks later...