IGNORED

Capcom beat em ups 1/2 off atm

Mockduck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/16/2021 at 6:39 AM, Daj said:

Most of these made it into Capcom Arcade Stadium, which is (mostly) a bit better in terms of options.

Also the Capcom Stadium lets you buy them ala carte for $2 each now. Unless you really want all of the games in the collection it seems like a better deal to just buy each beatem up for $2 as you want to play them. The pack is on sale for $10, but are you going to play all of them. I might buy one or even three of them eventually. 

I am not sure if the emulation is the same and it is sort of disappointing that they couldn’t let someone with the Beatum Collection play online Final Fight with someone with Stadium. But at two bucks I guess I can’t expect much. I haven’t even tried NSO service. 

I think I am too late to edit my post. Two of the games in the Beatem Up (Belt Scroller) Bundle are not in the Stadium. Knights of the Round and King of Dragons are not in the Capcom Stadium. Now I am considering the bundle again. Knights of the Round was one of my arcade favorites. And King of Dragons looks interesting since it breaks up the formula a little. 

At the discounted price of $10 it is the same as getting the other five games ala carte and then getting these two free.  

King of Dragons is a challenge, yet a fun one.  I've got the Belt Action originally for Switch but never used it, dumped it, then looked for a steep cut sale and re-acquried it on PC since it's more likely to get used there.  Despite that though I do have KoD (and FF1 and 3 too) for the SNES and KoD on there is a really great conversion, harder since it's limited on continues so you can't credit feed it.

That $10 thing, that's for all the games on Capcom Arcade or that temporary?  Seems if you like even a few games the $10 choice is wiser.

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That $10 thing, that's for all the games on Capcom Arcade or that temporary?  Seems if you like even a few games the $10 choice is wiser.

The $10 deal is for the Beatem Up Bundle which is normally $20. Capcom has a different line of mixed arcade games called Capcom Arcade Stadium that is ala carte or three  small packs or one big package.  Five of the seven games in the Beatem Up bundle are available for $2 each as the regular price in the Capcom Arcade Stadium. 

If you only want a few of the games then the ala carte option can save a little.

I was getting them mixed.  I have Belt Action on Steam, had it originally on NS but rarely touched it on there, mostly a motivation issue than anything as it's easier to click the mouse.  CAS though I have that on switch and nailed that down when they gave away GNG for free along with 1943 built in, but only have 1943 on Steam though, not sure if I'd add more or not, but it sits for now.  The $2 a game thing is a nice motivator if one ever is in need of being played.