IGNORED

model 4p telnet options

Arnuphis

So I restored a Model 4P and added an internal FreHD, plus graphics board. Its truly a thing of beauty. Now I want to get it online. I have a Lantronik LD-10 and also a Wmodem 232 so hardware wise I am good to go. However I am looking for a good Terminal Emulator program that supports telnet commands to reach bbs'. I have ANSITerm 4 but I only see a standard dialer page and no option to just telnet. Also I have to reset the baud etc. every time I start it. Can anyone suggest anything better or does anyone have a manual for ANSITerm if I am missing something?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arnuphis said:

So I restored a Model 4P and added an internal FreHD, plus graphics board. Its truly a thing of beauty. Now I want to get it online. I have a Lantronik LD-10 and also a Wmodem 232 so hardware wise I am good to go. However I am looking for a good Terminal Emulator program that supports telnet commands to reach bbs'. I have ANSITerm 4 but I only see a standard dialer page and no option to just telnet. Also I have to reset the baud etc. every time I start it. Can anyone suggest anything better or does anyone have a manual for ANSITerm if I am missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Use a program called OMNITERM

I am running a telnet serverver on my Linux laptop and telnet into it using Omniterm 

It supports VT52 and VT100

1 hour ago, rietveld said:

Use a program called OMNITERM

I am running a telnet serverver on my Linux laptop and telnet into it using Omniterm 

It supports VT52 and VT100

I'm curious.  Can you describe your setup?  I didn't think there were native TRS-80 telnet options other than using the M3SE.

2 hours ago, pski said:

I'm curious.  Can you describe your setup?  I didn't think there were native TRS-80 telnet options other than using the M3SE.

I am at work right now but here is a video of my setup on a Model II

I use the same one on my Model IV

when you are in Terminal mode of OMNITERM just type

AT                    wakes up your wifi modem

then

ATDT BBS.RETROCAMPUS.COM

This will connect you to one of the best Telnet bbs s 

Edited by rietveld