IGNORED

Help identifying this PC/104 VGA card

Dont have an exact one, but I would think it would work with generic drivers for that chipset.  Lots of generic 1mb VGA cards were made for early PCI systems with that chipset, which is what I presume this PC-104 board is meant to work as.

Positive ID shouldn't be necessary, no?

• Like 1

Oh, it isn’t necessary, but I wanted to have its data sheet so I can figure out what all the jumpers do and why it isn’t making the computer function when it’s plugged in. Although from the symptoms and the given information, I’m about 95% sure the power supply can’t handle the load, as the computer itself needs 720mA, and the power supply is 700mA. 

Edited by bluejay

Amp up the supply and see what happens.

The graphics chip can consume around 230mA MAX. Add another 20mA because we're conservative. And don't forget the support chips, and any video memory and glue.

You can also look at the jumpers, trace them back to the main 65545 chip (if they go there), and look-up the function in the pinout chart. I've done that on my Cirrus Logic 54xx and S3 Virge boards.

CHiPs vga PC-104 65545-65540.pdf

Edited by Keatah
Add a datasheet.pdf
  • Thanks 1