IGNORED

BattleSphere Gold not working

On 6/20/2021 at 4:50 PM, Gregory DG said:

Funny, I got BSG working, but not the original. Maybe you need a different ROM?

Can you post a MD5 of the working ROM you have?  Before anyone says it - I own two originals and a Gold (original runs, paid retail for all 3).  Just interested in seeing if my GD can run the game.  So far, I haven't been able to get it working.

I got 06f3a61fb712c581aee3599f3a61fa61 (4,194,304).  Both ROMs I have for BSG have the same MD5.

EDIT:
I'll respond to myself and say that the game with this MD5 does work.  Pressing B to skip the falling Atari letters did the trick.

• 5 months later...
On 6/20/2021 at 7:23 PM, philipj said:

Battlesphere was one of the only games that worked around the Jaguar's encryption... think that might have something to do with it not working correctly? Might not be the same deal with "BS Gold" where the encryption keys were available to the public around the release date of that game... Just a thought; I could be wrong.

If I recall they cracked the encryption through brute force didn't they? I thought the jag was still being presented a valid key.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:42 PM, Lucky Man said:

I have a model M NTSC Jag and it seems to work fine with BSG now that I know to press the B button to skip the Jag logo screen. That method also fixed SoulStar that I was having trouble booting as well.

SOUL STAR!!   OMG I had forgotten about that game.

That work pretty well on the Game Drive?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

With the latest updates "Firmware V1.12, ASIC V1.08, Menu V1.08, Stub V1.05 Fixed bug with stub command line selection of EEPROM over 512 bytes in size.", has anyone figured out how to get BSG to save progress and settings? I have the originals also, but as others I would like to play it on the GD. I have my BS carts with most the codes unlocked on them, so it is fun starting from scratch using the GD. 

With the latest updates "Firmware V1.12, ASIC V1.08, Menu V1.08, Stub V1.05 Fixed bug with stub command line selection of EEPROM over 512 bytes in size.", has anyone figured out how to get BSG to save progress and settings? I have the originals also, but as others I would like to play it on the GD. I have my BS carts with most the codes unlocked on them, so it is fun starting from scratch using the GD. 

Update:

Never mind, I figured it out, and I can save progress and settings now. Played to Wave 31, power cycled the Jag, and I was able to start at wave 30. Also the high scores saved and the codes activated stayed active.

12 hours ago, sdrake said:

Update:

Never mind, I figured it out, and I can save progress and settings now. Played to Wave 31, power cycled the Jag, and I was able to start at wave 30. Also the high scores saved and the codes activated stayed active.

Care to share what you did?

57 minutes ago, Rugar said:

Wait, how you save progress and settings?? As far as i know memory track is not supported for GameDrive yet or i missed something?

It's a feature I'm looking forward to.

GD supports saving.  Each game can have an ".e2p" file which is the eeprom the real cart would use for saved data.

3 hours ago, Rugar said:

Ohh sorry my mistake, the BatleSphere is cart game, I thought it was the CD version.

Hmm - I'll have to check.  I thought that Memory Track also worked.  But - that would definitely explain why I cannot save progress in Yopaz!  That was the 1st CD game I played using the GD.  Played through 25 levels.  Restarted it later to show the wife, and bam - nothing saved.  I thought perhaps it was because I did not have an MRQ file.

Memory track is not supported for sure, i know beacuse i wait this feature to play my favorite Jaguar game - Highlander 😁. Without Memory track, that game is totally unplayable. I hope SainT will find some free time to finish it soon, at least this year🙂.

• Thanks 1

B.S. Will not save progress unless you create a ".mrq " file and select 2 for 2048 eeprom. 

So delete the 128 byte ".e2p" file for B.S on your SD if there is one., create a ".mrq" file with proper information and select 2 for 2048 eerprom size. You do not need to have graphics imbedded for it to work in the ".mrq".

Once that is created, rename it the same name as the B.S. rom in and run the game. The proper 2048 ".e2p" file is now created and will save your progress now. This did not work in the past, but I think with the current firmware it has been fixed 

• Thanks 2

On 6/21/2021 at 12:27 AM, WIZZARD77 said:

The rom from the most easily available source works. Saving seems a little funny though. Make an mrq file with the default settings, start the game, it will crash. Turn off the system and load the game again and it should work. It doesn't seem to save settings or anything though.

BSG does not start at the default place normal jaguar games start at which is 802000 for cartridges, look at the cart header, it will tell you the right place.  but then bsg is a weird beast!

the eeprom needed is a 93lc86, the default is 93lc46 that is why it is not working for you

image.thumb.png.9ebcba6e8ec7b73df2d02ac7c6a463af.png

image.thumb.png.b5c08cf8119b53b9115510e09b9d6ae0.png

• Like 1