On 6/22/2021 at 12:00 AM, Mallard Games said:

Can the AtariVox/AtariVox+ and SaveKey be plugged into the first controller port or is it only supported on the 2nd controller port? Also can 2 AtariVox/AtariVox+'s and/or SaveKey's be used at the same time? 

It could work in either port, but the standard routines are written for the right port, so you'd have to edit some bit-banging code there to use it in the left port.

There's no reason you couldn't use two "at the same time" in general, although the timing is strict so you could not use both at the same instant. But then you would have only the console inputs. The only use for this that I can think of would be some kind of copy utility that used the Select & Reset switches to navigate.

I started but never finished a project to copy one SaveKey to another, and in doing so, got help in creating a separate left port AtariVox/SaveKey left port driver. What I did create can be found in the AtariVox Club.

If I ever revive that project, I may just use the QuadTari to multiplex the right port to make things simpler.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 2:08 PM, brpocock@star-hope.org said:

It could work in either port, but the standard routines are written for the right port, so you'd have to edit some bit-banging code there to use it in the left port.

There's no reason you couldn't use two "at the same time" in general, although the timing is strict so you could not use both at the same instant. But then you would have only the console inputs. The only use for this that I can think of would be some kind of copy utility that used the Select & Reset switches to navigate.

The idea was that each player 1 would insert their own savekey into each port. A special “match” cart would read the data from each savekey and and simulate a fight using it. I don’t know how else to describe it. ?