IGNORED

3d printed 7800 case

Rdcope_99

Just now, Muddyfunster said:

Do you mean the actual console ?

You're probably right, as the console is definitely quite brittle.  The cartridges are as well, but that's not as big of a deal versus the console itself, since you can't easily find replacement cases for that.

..Al

2 hours ago, Rdcope_99 said:

Just 1 some of the screw stand offs have broken and if I take it apart to do the av mod the rest will probably go.

I use heatshrink tubing on the boss posts to give them more strength. When they break off, assuming they break from the base or in a whole piece, I will use epoxy to put them back on and then sometimes have to drill and tap the opening back out for the screws again.

But as was shown, we do have one AA member here (and pretty cool 7800 game programmer and general really nice dude) that has developed a case shell for the 7800 that can be 3D printed. He stated tonight a bit ago that once he is finished with it, he will likely release the STL files for others to make their own.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I use heatshrink tubing on the boss posts to give them more strength. When they break off, assuming they break from the base or in a whole piece, I will use epoxy to put them back on and then sometimes have to drill and tap the opening back out for the screws again.

But as was shown, we do have one AA member here (and pretty cool 7800 game programmer and general really nice dude) that has developed a case shell for the 7800 that can be 3D printed. He stated tonight a bit ago that once he is finished with it, he will likely release the STL files for others to make their own.

Thanks for the tips for fixing protecting my existing case. I although think its awesome that ppl come up with case designs that work and then basically give their work away, but at the same time I don't have access to a printer. I was looking more for one I could purchase reasonably priced.