IGNORED

Yastuna Games – new Atari Lynx editor and retro game developer

Fadest

This is a test for the big map module (just like the final pyramid in Ynxa - going from a level to another without using doors).

You can now define the layout of levels in Excel & generate the big map if you want to use this mode.

image.thumb.png.27ebfb1ab16d45213484b0dd78b718d0.png

But going from big map in Tiled to small levels in Excel is still a manual and tidy process :(

image.thumb.png.cad45f0c3f94a28b9547f182f1ac9343.png

Also added a life counter, bombs and corrected some bugs.

But there is no plan yet for a major rewrite...

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I usually don't like to see and hear myself, but I think it is worth to share.

The AFJV ("French association of video games", that include all actors in french videogaming from small indies studios to very big publishers like Ubi Soft, including small homebrew studios & publishers) just shared an interview I made with them during the Gamers Assembly in Poitiers last year.

Of course, this is in french, but if you even wanted to know how hold I am or how bad my accent is when I say the names of my games; here is the link:

Frédéric Descharmes de Yastuna Games, développeur et éditeur home-brew (afjv.com)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fadest said:

I usually don't like to see and hear myself, but I think it is worth to share.

The AFJV ("French association of video games", that include all actors in french videogaming from small indies studios to very big publishers like Ubi Soft, including small homebrew studios & publishers) just shared an interview I made with them during the Gamers Assembly in Poitiers last year.

Of course, this is in french, but if you even wanted to know how hold I am or how bad my accent is when I say the names of my games; here is the link:

Frédéric Descharmes de Yastuna Games, développeur et éditeur home-brew (afjv.com)

Nice one! Great to put a face to the name even if I didn't understand much ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

CSS Traffic Regulation & Critter Championship have been featured in the recent german Return Magazine that is still for sale in kiosk in Germany/Austria and Switzerland from my understanding (and of course available online)

image.thumb.png.b17ca31f79fbc607dbfc2aade2461944.png

This is quite an achievement for me, after GB Corp been tested in the UK Pixel Addict.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

OK, it's not related to Atari Lynx, but not 100% unrelated

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yastunagames/ynxa-a-new-physical-gameboy-game

The Kickstarter for the GB port of Ynxa is alive, and there are even special discount prices on old Lynx and GameBoy games as complement on the Kickstarter.

But you can of course still get the Atari Lynx version on http://yastuna-games.com and get it sooner than the GB version via Kickstarter ;) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

As the first issue of Yastuna Mag is soon out of stock, it means 2 things :

- maybe it's time to start to work on issue #2
- the #1 is now downloadable freely on itch.io !

24 pages about Lynx & GB homebrews and author. Of course with a focus on some Yastuna Games projects, but not only.

image.thumb.png.91a6428acb23ca58788bcf6b0cbbe75e.png

Yastuna Mag by Fadest / Yastuna Games (itch.io)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, CrazyChris said:

Here's some feedback.

- Table of Contents should be horizontal to make it easier to read.

- Links should be clickable. (OCR?)

Chris

Thanks you for the feedback.

This is intended to be a printed magazine, and was not intended in first place to be put as digital format.

I ordered around 250 copies last july, and gave them to customers. As I had no new Lynx game during this period, I think most of them have been sent to GameBoy customers (with the releases of Life's Too Short & the Ynxa GB Kickstarter), and given at the eJagfest. I am now soon out of stock.

Even if this is mainly intended to replace my previous catalog and price flyer, I think there is a bit more than just promotional content inside.

So I decided to put the PDF file for download without modification (apart regenerating it with lower size - the original for the printer factory was over 350mb), hence the no active links (and I am not even sure Gravit Designer can generate those links).

If I ever manage to make a #2 issue, it will probably be the same process (first a physical run as goodies for customers, then a free download).

• Like 1