IGNORED

Weird stuck fire issue

OldPAL

Since my 7800 controllers weren't working properly I plugged some modern Genesis pads, assuming single button would be fine. 2600 games are working fine, but some 7800 games exhibit stuck fire behavior that was discussed on some other topics. Galaga, Dig Dug, Joust are working fine. But Choplifter, Hat Trick, and Karateka are constantly firing. If I remove the controller behavior continues. Here is the weird part. If the problem games are booted without any controllers they don't exhibit this behavior. As soon as I plug in a controller auto fire starts, and continues until I turn off the console. So it is not the controller constantly sending a signal, but rather triggering this behavior. My questions is, if I find working proper 7800 controllers would this go away, or is this an issue with the console itself?

Edit: I also tried the non-working 7800 controllers. One of them can only down, but it does not trigger this behavior. The other one triggers this behavior.

Edited by OldPAL