IGNORED

COSMOS CHRONICLES (ATARI STF/E,MEGA,TT,FALCON)

On 12/28/2022 at 1:02 PM, drfloyd said:

Hi,

(will reply to the questions later)

But about the translation, i can perhaps do a first translation myselft and then ask someone in US to convert the translation into good english. Not yet fix who will do that. I rembember that Peter Fletcher was interested.

Bonjour @drfloyd!   Just from curiousity (and anticipation :)) I was wondering if anyone was found for the English translation or how that is going?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello

I have just finished the translation of the game, BETA version (as I am french, there will be some corrections do you with help of english people)

Just need to translate the little documentation + change some keys to QWERTY.

I will publish soon this English BETA version on itch.io (ATARI ST & PC)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, drfloyd said:

Hello

I have just finished the translation of the game, BETA version (as I am french, there will be some corrections do you with help of english people)

Just need to translate the little documentation + change some keys to QWERTY.

I will publish soon this English BETA version on itch.io (ATARI ST & PC)

Great news!  I started translating some of it just by playing and using google translate... it really makes a difference understanding what you're doing.

Unfortunately I haven't had time to play any games in months, but had been meaning to start again.  I'll be happy to help too.  My French isn't all that great despite having taken about 6 years of it, but I'm told I speak English like a native! 🤣

Here is the "INTERNATIONAL EDITION" (English Langage)

https://gamopat-studio.itch.io/cosmos-chronicles-international-edition-atari-st-windows

The original game is in french. This is a beta version of the international edition. There may be a few bugs, and the English translation is not yet perfect:
I'm counting on you all to let me know of any corrections to ensure correct English.

ATARI ST is BACK !!!

Edited by drfloyd
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, drfloyd said:

thanks, you give me motivation for english version 1.0 !!!

+ for starting Cosmos 2 (I hesitate between a new ST game, or a PC Steam game with crazy features)

I have so many games, but been waiting for the English version of this to appear!

3 hours ago, drfloyd said:

thanks, you give me motivation for english version 1.0 !!!

+ for starting Cosmos 2 (I hesitate between a new ST game, or a PC Steam game with crazy features)

It already is a PC game with Hatari, so....... COSMOS 2 for the ST!!!!!!!

I mean, if you really wanted to do something with "crazy features" write a special version for the TT/Falcons! :)

Oh what a good surprise @drfloyd!  Thank you for the English version.  Sent $20 for contribution.  Will there still be a boxed version?  I am interested in that also.

Wow, Cosmos 2?  Would be best on the ST of course!  While it seems anyone can make a PC game nowadays, it takes style and panache to release a cool ST classic :).

Keep up the good work!

28 minutes ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Oh what a good surprise @drfloyd!  Thank you for the English version.  Sent $20 for contribution.  Will there still be a boxed version?  I am interested in that also.

Wow, Cosmos 2?  Would be best on the ST of course!  While it seems anyone can make a PC game nowadays, it takes style and panache to release a cool ST classic :).

Keep up the good work!

I agree on the PC game observation.... but then again, how many PC games let you take a dump on your own space ship?

• Haha 1

Thanks all for your support !!!!!!

Even of PC, it will be a unique and original game.

I finish to correct the english version, and then I will consider between :

COSMOS CHRONICLES ATARI ST "4Mo Edition" (can add lot and lot of possibilities with 4mo!)
or

A Steam game...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfloyd said:

Thanks all for your support !!!!!!

Even of PC, it will be a unique and original game.

I finish to correct the english version, and then I will consider between :

COSMOS CHRONICLES ATARI ST "4Mo Edition" (can add lot and lot of possibilities with 4mo!)
or

A Steam game...

Couldn't you do a Steam game that basically utilizes an emulator?   (Not sure if the game runs under EmuTOS or not.)  This is how Calmus was 'ported' to Windows... though amusingly I launch it with Wine in Linux.

On 8/3/2023 at 4:04 PM, leech said:

Couldn't you do a Steam game that basically utilizes an emulator?   (Not sure if the game runs under EmuTOS or not.)  This is how Calmus was 'ported' to Windows... though amusingly I launch it with Wine in Linux.

There is a windows version, check the Download files :

image.png.da989d6bb0f5666ec3b54c903071067b.png

11 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Has anyone tried to run this from a real ST?  I am getting 2 bombs when the program starts on my STE.  Running from AUTO folder so maybe program uses AES calls?

First time hear it does not work on a real ST. Do do have 1MB RAM ?

Edited by drfloyd

15 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Has anyone tried to run this from a real ST?  I am getting 2 bombs when the program starts on my STE.  Running from AUTO folder so maybe program uses AES calls?

I've been playing it exclusively on my Falcon.