IGNORED

Are People Crazy on Ebay???

DavidMil

1 hour ago, Atari8guy said:

I have a Speedscript cart, that I made myself, extremely rare.  It's value? 5 bucks.

No way dude. You can get at least $399.15 for that on Ebay. You have to think BIG!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Love this one. Not only asking an astronomical price for this 600XL bundle, the listing title says with 8 x games, but in reality it only has 3...the listing contradicts  itself!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/355984811142

It's the game variations, stupid. If Atari could claim 112 games for Space Invaders, why should anyone not follow their lead and restrict himself to counting mere hardware incarnations rather than the multitude of games accessible through the SELECT button?

10 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Love this one. Not only asking an astronomical price for this 600XL bundle, the listing title says with 8 x games, but in reality it only has 3...the listing contradicts  itself!!

Don't be too critical, it does come with an Atari 1010!   :-D

Edited by reifsnyderb
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Perhaps he is including variations of a game, just like 2600 carts!

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, MrFish said:

Haha... It just shows, if it's rare enough and is a good enough piece of software, it can hold value. It's just a loose cart too. Try getting your hands on a boxed copy.

Value is better determined by what people will pay for something, not what people are asking for it.

Although eBay currently has a number of Star Maze cartridges up for sale (including one CIB!) at very high asking prices, none have recently sold- suggesting that sellers are checking out the rarity and therefore asking premium prices, but in fact there is low demand for this cartridge and its value is therefore not what they think...

It's that old 'price = supply vs demand' thing!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

Hey, lets get a cartridge, print a label and put the word PROTOTYPE

Most real prototype carts I've seen from Atari have the name of the tech it was intended for on it. That label is dot-matrix without a speck of aging. And why would a prototype not meant to be sold to the public have a warranty? 🤪

Pac1.jpg

Pac2.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. People on eBay are a bit crazy. The only way they’ll stop asking for ridiculous amounts of $ is when we stop encouraging them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/116333283501?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=d09x7VdARf2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=vGa3hq3TSji&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

26 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Yes. People on eBay are a bit crazy. The only way they’ll stop asking for ridiculous amounts of $ is when we stop encouraging them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/116333283501?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=d09x7VdARf2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=vGa3hq3TSji&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

It does come with 8 cartridges...

27 minutes ago, khaibitgfx said:

Silly, but you never know someone might nuts enough to pay extra for an 80s fart out of an Atari box.

So now we're all imagining all those guys at Atari farting in the boxes before they go into the shrink-wrap machine.

We should totally start doing that for the people in 2075.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

You can still buy new in the box AtariWriter from Best and B&C, fairly cheap too. There are other online sources as well. I wouldn't pay any of the prices people mention or put on ebay.

I left ebay about 12 years ago when prices where liveable, left due to skyrocketing shipping costs.

• Like 1

I left eBay several years ago myself.  I left when they wanted direct access to my bank account so they could deposit or withdraw any money that

I made or spent from selling or buying on eBay!  Nobody takes money out of our bank account (I'm not even sure how much longer the wife will

let me do it!).

DavidMil2

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/22/2024 at 1:57 PM, Tillek said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/196655286384

Woah... Same guy... same price... but only holds three!

What gives?

3 or 8, doesn’t matter. These are all common carts. Even on eBay, you’ll find several sellers asking $5-$10 per cart. You can also find most of these at any Classic Game shop that carries Atari carts. As for the Case, it’s not a rare item. I have a couple myself and have never seen anyone ask this much for this particular item.  Then again, it’s the Sellers asking price, doesn’t necessarily mean that he/she will get what they’re asking. 

IMG_6087.jpeg

IMG_6088.jpeg

IMG_6089.jpeg

IMG_6090.jpeg

• Like 2