IGNORED

ADM Teaser

fantômas

TIX is an acronym for the names of three people? That's the only way I can think of to explain your three times as productive in graphics.

---

When will we see a gameplay video?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, you quickly discovered that ADM stood for « Abbaye des Morts ». It is indeed a port of the 2010 game to A8.

So here are two pictures of our A8 version, the title screen and the first screen of the game (Jean you have to run away!).

image.png.02f102d03de4b0b4c250d4383488e1fb.png  image.png.be98db18713c29a7dcc10bded5f7069d.png

Of course, these screens will probably vary a bit between now and the first release...

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, fantômas said:

Ok, you quickly discovered that ADM stood for « Abbaye des Morts ». It is indeed a port of the 2010 game to A8.

So here are two pictures of our A8 version, the title screen and the first screen of the game (Jean you have to run away!).

image.png.02f102d03de4b0b4c250d4383488e1fb.png  image.png.be98db18713c29a7dcc10bded5f7069d.png

Of course, these screens will probably vary a bit between now and the first release...

Very good news ?

Will there be a version with a box for sale ?

1 hour ago, xxl said:

colormap/ vbxe ?

too good to be true.

where do you see the need of vbxe/colormap?

53 minutes ago, fantômas said:

Thanks!

MODE4 + 3rd color PM

despite PNG there are antialias artifacts; I clearly see how its done (colors/pm/5th color etc) but the resizing antialias hurts ; ) 

looks awesome so far.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, atari-passion said:

Very good news ?

Will there be a version with a box for sale ?

Merci. Ce serait génial!

There are no legal obstacles I think (the original license of the game allows it [CC BY 3.0 ES]), but I don't know how to do it and I don't have any contacts... If someone who knows how to do it is interested in releasing the game in a box, let me know...

15 hours ago, solo/ng said:

where do you see the need of vbxe/colormap?

despite PNG there are antialias artifacts; I clearly see how its done (colors/pm/5th color etc) but the resizing antialias hurts ; ) 

looks awesome so far.

Thks!

These snapshots come directly from Altirra. But it is true that I have activated a number of display settings... 

Hello fantômas

11 hours ago, fantômas said:

... but I don't know how to do it and I don't have any contacts... If someone who knows how to do it is interested in releasing the game in a box, let me know...

Maybe @Duddie can help.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2021 at 8:10 PM, fantômas said:

@fantômas  Great to see these screens. Will you be playing to the A8's strengths to pull off the stained glass multicoloured effects you see in other platform versions (via DLI's perhaps), like the C64 version below:

image.thumb.png.b3c5bcf471f926e2e62cfe37a8e73497.png

IMHO it would be great to also see a full colour title screen rather than a reproduction of the low colour current one. Perhaps a graph2font, piccalo or Rastaconverted image, loaded compressed/uncompressed at the start to save space?

Also, what is the target min spec for the game? 64k?

Incidentally will there be enemy characters in it like the dragon?

Good luck with the project whatever you decide, looking forward to it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

@fantômas  Great to see these screens. Will you be playing to the A8's strengths to pull off the stained glass multicoloured effects you see in other platform versions (via DLI's perhaps), like the C64 version below:

Several of the screens in the game will have more than 5 colours.  

In fact, if you look closely, you will see that there are 6 colours on the first screen of the game (green, grey, black, brown, white and blue)

All screens are manipulated in G2F, although of course not all possibilities are used.

Also, what is the target min spec for the game? 64k?

As I write, for the cartridge version (.cart), 64Kb definitely. 48Kb if I have the nerve.

Incidentally will there be enemy characters in it like the dragon?

Don't worry. All the enemies are there.... Even Satan ?

Good luck with the project whatever you decide, looking forward to it.

Thanks!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fantômas said:

Several of the screens in the game will have more than 5 colours.  

In fact, if you look closely, you will see that there are 6 colours on the first screen of the game (green, grey, black, brown, white and blue)

All screens are manipulated in G2F, although of course not all possibilities are used.

As I write, for the cartridge version (.cart), 64Kb definitely. 48Kb if I have the nerve.

Don't worry. All the enemies are there.... Even Satan ?

Thanks!

Fantastic. All sounds amazing. Good luck and thanks for bringing this to the A8. ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 9:10 PM, fantômas said:

(...) So here are two pictures of our A8 version, the title screen and the first screen of the game (Jean you have to run away!).

It's great that we'll see this game on Atari 8-bit computers. One little note: it would be nice to correct Locomalito's name on this title screen.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey,

since I have already shared this with a friend, and some time have passed since the last news bit, I might as well post it here too..

So here is a sneak peek at the 4 screens that makes the monastery !

image.thumb.png.bca95c48b1657b1838ca34d873fb0e97.png

Have in mind that these screens will probably vary a bit between this and the final release... namely the dli colorization of the windows is missing..

Abbay is in a pretty advanced stage, but there are still lots to do..

graphics are 99% done, @fantômas has been working hard to fit everything in ?

Edited by TIX
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, TIX said:

Have in mind that these screens will probably vary a bit between this and the final release... namely the dli colorization of the windows is missing..

The way they look now is, at at least to my eye, absolutely fantastic.  The colour is just right to appear as though they're backlit only by moonlight.  It really fits the mood of the game.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, fantômas said:

Hey,

Some progress, but as TIX says, there are still lots to do..

Here's a little teaser (captured throw Altirra) that takes place in the ground floor of the monastery to show the screens shared by TIX in game:

test-000001363-000004372.gif.5e65e1438ea089667956a8a4aa1a9df7.gif

I hope to have more news soon ?

@fantômas Fantastic, thanks for sharing. Colours and animation looking great. Tix working his magic.:D

I was just wondering ... will the great little touches like the animated falling leaves and tranquil music on the a prayer of hope screen feature in this excellent A8 version of the game?

image.thumb.png.371d81267dcbfe1fcc26c23cb6cc7129.png

(3mins into this video (which is the C64 longplay vid)