IGNORED

SOLD: RF Demodulators (RF to Composite)

So you've got a console (or perhaps several) that is/are RF-only but your TV of choice either doesn't have an RF input or it's otherwise not playing nicely with your console (I can relate to the latter, as my 2011 flat screen's RF input doesn't work with ANY consoles)? You're basically left with two options: perform a composite AV mod on your console OR get an RF demodulator, which converts the RF signal to composite. VCRs can act as demodulators, but they take up a decent amount of space. Devices actually marketed as RF demodulators tend to be *pricey* to the tune of $85-90 shipped.*

I have found that 1980s/90s tv tuners and cable boxes make fantastic RF demodulators for video game consoles and they take up less space (and weigh less) than VCRs. I've got some spare "old school" tv tuners and cable boxes available. If you could use a device like this, shoot me a PM and we can discuss. I can assure you it'll be way less than $85-90 shipped! Thanks for the interest.

*Don't accidentally buy the much more common (and cheaper) RF modulator, as that takes composite and converts it into RF!

**SOLD OUT right now. May restock in the future but no plans to at this time.**

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Just sold out of my last cable box/tv tuner/rf demodulator but due to high demand, have a few more on the way. If you're interested but have been on the fence, send me a PM and we can discuss your options, including the ability to reserve one with zero money down. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@cleoo I may get back to it at some point, as "the hunt" is always a good time. If you're interested, I do still have a vintage demodulator available; feel free to PM me. In general, you need to be on the lookout for a device that has composite output. Many tuners/cable boxes do NOT have this. Also, steer clear of anything that references "digital" as in, an analog to digital converter, etc. Must be fully analog to work as intended with our retro systems. Sometimes you think you have your hands on the perfect device but it still doesn't work, which is a drag, but can happen, and I chalk it up to a fried device due to storage conditions, age, etc. I'm sitting on a few duds myself - should probably just chuck 'em. Hopefully that's helpful if you opt to hunt one down yourself. Happy to chat further via PM if you'd like. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...