IGNORED

A few random Apple II questions

youxia

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.virtualapple.org/ifrflightsimulatordisk.html

Does anybody know anything about this game? The only in-game info is "Vernon Brown, 1981" on some of the missions. Was wondering if it was ever released via a publisher, or even if its name really is "IFR Flight Simulator". One copy I found has "Programma" in the disk name but checking Programma's info I couldn't see it in their release lists.

Also, I'm looking for these missing games:

-Network (Edu-Ware)
-Starfleet Orion
-Wilderness Survival : data disk with Bolivia, Burma, British Columbia, Chile, and New Guinea.
-221 B Baker St:  case disk #2
-Long Lance: A Computer Game of Tactical Naval Combat
-Police Blotter

2 hours ago, Keatah said:

Wonder if there isn't confusion between the words PROGRAMMERS and PROGRAMMA?

Most likely, there are many typos on disk names. Where did you find the info on this release? I did search for a bit, but with a name like "flight simulator" it's a wild goose chase.

• 3 weeks later...

About files with 2mg extension. Are they always from IIgs, or is it possible some are from Apple II? (referring mostly to Asimov files from AII directories)

(while we're at it, what about .asm, d13, and .bxy? Are these valid AII disk formats?)

Edited by youxia

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2022 at 6:30 PM, youxia said:

About files with 2mg extension. Are they always from IIgs, or is it possible some are from Apple II? (referring mostly to Asimov files from AII directories)

No, can be also ran as HDD in Apple II emulators.

But...how to change directories? I got this "Int.Basic.Pdos8.2mg" image and can list the disk contents, but can't enter a directory. Have tried "PREFIX".

Int.Basic.Pdos8.2mg

That is my creation and upload BTW.  I lowered Integer Basic to work just below Basic.System.  The .2mg disk images has a header at the beginning.  Some emulators automatically skip this header, some don't.  But if you are able to see the contents, then the disk image loaded properly.

What emulator are you using?  And what happens when you try to do a PREFIX?

Edited by Iamgroot
  • Like 1

Yeah!  There are no DOS commands at the IB prompt.  I think I left instructions to go to the Applesoft prompt with FP, then do the PREFIX command and return to IB prompt with the & (ampersand).  Then do a LOAD command.

Also of note:  The CHR$(4) is not recognized in IB.  The work-around is to first go to the Applesoft prompt.  BLOAD the binary program.  Go into IB and LOAD and LIST the program.  Remove the line with the CHR$(4) command, and type RUN.  All should be ok.

Edited by Iamgroot