IGNORED

Bought the 3DO Gamegun-Does not work

I bought the two player Gamegun from a local game store. Do not ask how much I paid. The gun with the y-connector (player 1 I presume) does not register anything when the trigger is pulled. The button to calibrate does work though. The gun with the single connector registers when fired, but it is widely inaccurate. I can hold the gun in the same spot and the hits move from left to right before wrapping around the screen and starting over at the left.

Can either be fixed? I will probably just return them, but thought I would ask here in case there are simple fixes.

I wonder if it is the same issue with the SMS gun. The wires are often cracked around the base where it goes into the gun. Try to check continuity from controller port to the solder joints on the gun. That was my biggest problem with the SMS gun I bought. I also adjusted the metal shield around the components. Mine was bent inside.

Also honestly unless you got a good enough deal, It might be best to return them. No sense paying full price retail for a project.

• Like 1

Well after returning the Gameguns, I ended up getting Sega CD The Terminator (CIB), Xbox Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (CIB), the 3DO Flightstick Pro, and 3DO Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Slayer (CIB).  I had to pay a little bit extra since all that retailed for more the Gameguns did.  I also picked up Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: DeathKeep when I got the Gameguns so I did end up with some nice 3DO stuff even though I did not get the two-player Gamegun like I really wanted.

• 8 months later...

I just happened to come across an Atari jaguar at a local spot. He did not have ia controller, but all else was included. I have like ten controllers already. I offered him 100 cash. He took it. Then he pulled out 3do gun, drug wars, space pirates, and Johnny rock, I already have one, but couldn’t t remember which one I already owned. I gambled and got space pirates for 60. It turns out I had space pirates and passed on drug wars. Drug wars was under priced he said (@50) and was gonna reprice it after looking up what I bought. Unfortunately the gun won’t work too. Gonna to go back and try to trade pirates for drugs; and debate what to do with the gun. 

On 3/19/2022 at 8:20 PM, Sapicco said:

I just happened to come across an Atari jaguar at a local spot. He did not have ia controller, but all else was included. I have like ten controllers already. I offered him 100 cash. He took it. Then he pulled out 3do gun, drug wars, space pirates, and Johnny rock, I already have one, but couldn’t t remember which one I already owned. I gambled and got space pirates for 60. It turns out I had space pirates and passed on drug wars. Drug wars was under priced he said (@50) and was gonna reprice it after looking up what I bought. Unfortunately the gun won’t work too. Gonna to go back and try to trade pirates for drugs; and debate what to do with the gun. 

How much did you pay for the gun? Will the store not take it back?