IGNORED

UAV modded 800XL, Gamecubes UPDATED FS list Feb-3-24

Dopy25

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 8:38 PM, Dopy25 said:

Finally convinced my son to budge on his asking price for the anki Cozmo. He's looking for a PS4 and some games if anyone will trade.

Also added project injustice for Dreamcast. 

Can you still use the Cozmo? I've got a Vector and he will connect to the app, but doesn't seem able to connect to cloud services anymore so essentially he doesn't do anything when turned on. He won't respond to voice commands or anything as it appears they had to send everything up and through the cloud services to do anything, so kinda surprised if the Cozmo is still working?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Can you still use the Cozmo? I've got a Vector and he will connect to the app, but doesn't seem able to connect to cloud services anymore so essentially he doesn't do anything when turned on. He won't respond to voice commands or anything as it appears they had to send everything up and through the cloud services to do anything, so kinda surprised if the Cozmo is still working?

I will have to ask my son. I know Anki was bought out and a few of their apps changed. Maybe you need a different one?

I will have him set it out when he gets home from school to double check and I will get back to you here. I honestly never even thought of it. I knew Anki was bought out but he also has the drive and overdrive, and those do still work. We played with them a month or so ago.

I really hope it's not a paperweight now. Thanks for the heads up.

Looking at the differences, it seems Cozmo was not intended for voice commands so it may not have the disconnect you see with Vector:

https://support.digitaldreamlabs.com/article/139-what-is-the-difference-between-cozmo-and-vector#:~:text=Vector and Cozmo both have,with you and your household.&text=With a big brain and,to play and learn with.&text=The home robot that hangs out and helps out!

Edited by Dopy25

Yeah.. basically Vector does nothing without the cloud service connection. Now, the company that bought out Anki did offer a subscription service as a kickstarter program about 2 years ago but as Vector was still working then, I didn't think much about it. But I'm guessing now that because I never backed it and am NOT a paying subscriber to their services, that Vector isn't going to work anymore. He does light up and he will look at me when I say his name. But doesn't look for the light block when asked to, and doesn't seem to recognize me anymore as previously. 

So in my case the Vector very much seems to be a very expensive paperweight. Especially as I bought him just a few months before Anki closed up. I obviously had no idea that was going to happen and wouldn't have bought Vector if I did know.

But yeah... do let me know. I did grab their latest App but yeah...nothing.

53 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Yeah.. basically Vector does nothing without the cloud service connection. Now, the company that bought out Anki did offer a subscription service as a kickstarter program about 2 years ago but as Vector was still working then, I didn't think much about it. But I'm guessing now that because I never backed it and am NOT a paying subscriber to their services, that Vector isn't going to work anymore. He does light up and he will look at me when I say his name. But doesn't look for the light block when asked to, and doesn't seem to recognize me anymore as previously. 

It looks like you can still get a membership but man are they pricey. My son will be home in an hour or so and I'll have him set up and make sure Cozmo responds regularly but I found this:

https://support.digitaldreamlabs.com/article/344-all-about-memberships

Only applies to vector as far as I know because we never bought a subscription for Cozmo. 

Interesting the article there states he should still play the games and interact with his cube. But here is the problem. To play the games with Vector requires you to talk to him to ask him if he wants to play a game in the first place. That article clearly states why he isn't responding to voice commands anymore so he can't really play the games either.

You also sometimes need to tell Vector to find his cube for him to play with it. I suppose if one really wanted to keep their Vector going like my Vector, it would be cheapest to just pay the lifetime membership since it isn't that much more vs if you were paying monthly.

Prices dropped by a bit on almost all the consoles. Apparently I missed the mark on the 1200xl because one just sold on eBay for about 180 ish plus 40 shipping. That was untested and not recapped or modified but I still figure it's closer to the target price. Keep in mind mine is totally recapped and has sio mod as well as svideo out. It's basic but still an improvement over composite.

@-^CrossBow^-

I was finally able to get my son to spend some time testing Cozmo. I told him someone wanted to know, and that he should do it sooner than later but since it's his, I didn't push too hard.

Cozmo works fine without any sort of internet connection and we do not have a subscription. He picked up a cube and enjoyed it for a few minutes it before my son put him back in the box. No subscription, no issues.

I can send you a short video of him working and playing if you like. 

58 minutes ago, Dopy25 said:

@-^CrossBow^-

I was finally able to get my son to spend some time testing Cozmo. I told him someone wanted to know, and that he should do it sooner than later but since it's his, I didn't push too hard.

Cozmo works fine without any sort of internet connection and we do not have a subscription. He picked up a cube and enjoyed it for a few minutes it before my son put him back in the box. No subscription, no issues.

I can send you a short video of him working and playing if you like. 

Ah I appreciate you checking on that. I was mainly bringing it up because I wanted to make sure that if you had any potential buyers for it, that Cozmo would still do all the functions he initially would. Again, in the case of the newer Vector, it requires the sub service to get the fully functions out of him again. I need to setup a large empty box for my Vector and see if he starts doing anything more than sit there looking into space... He was so cool when the voice and other services did work though.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Ah I appreciate you checking on that. I was mainly bringing it up because I wanted to make sure that if you had any potential buyers for it, that Cozmo would still do all the functions he initially would. Again, in the case of the newer Vector, it requires the sub service to get the fully functions out of him again. I need to setup a large empty box for my Vector and see if he starts doing anything more than sit there looking into space... He was so cool when the voice and other services did work though.

No problem at all. I'm glad you asked. Maybe a potential buyer had the same concern. I remember when we got Cozmo. He was such a blast. But kids grow up and have the attention span of a goldfish these days. Honestly if I can find a way to trade someone anything else for a PS4, I'd trade my son for Cozmo just to keep him. haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well apparently he 2600 junior I had on OfferUp for as long as it's been here, has finally given me a lifetime ban from OfferUp. That's fancy. 

I guess it was my bad for including the SD card with the Harmony. So if you are interested in the Atari, for legal reasons I guess I am not allowed to include any content on the SD card. You will get a blank SD card and will have to add your own content.

Oh well. It's not like I ever actually sold anything on OfferUp. Everything listed there has historically sold somewhere else. 

Edited by Dopy25

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...