IGNORED

Mathemagics 3DO rarity?

I have a boxed copy of Mathemagics for sale, but I don't know much about the title itself and just exactly how rare it is. I've seen various posts online that indicate it being one of the last titles that 3DO usually need to finish their sets, it seems to be one of the very rarest releases. If anyone here knows any better or really anything about how common it is those insights are much appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

Yeah it's pretty rare. Not even ebay will guarantee you a quick copy. Public sales are too few and far in between to reliably estimate its value, I would auction it off on eBay and hope for the best since it's not a particularly interesting title. Hard core collectors might want it.

There are usually one or two incomplete copies, but the longbox seems to be much tougher. It was a while before I found a good copy with it. 

Sadly this isn't a very sought after title, and usually is only sought after when a hard core collector is trying to complete their collection. It is not actually worth very much , and all its worth is primarily due to its rarity. Basically the CIB is worth about 100-180 in very good condition while New about 200 - 300 in very good condition (Ok it is worth a lot considering other titles out there ).  If you want to sell it, msg me, I will be happy to purchase this from you at a fair price. 

Here is most of the known sales on this item:
https://www.pricecharting.com/game/3do/mathemagics

Edited by Wing_Commander
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Wing_Commander said:

Sadly this isn't a very sought after title, and usually is only sought after when a hard core collector is trying to complete their collection. It is not actually worth very much , and all its worth is primarily due to its rarity. Basically the CIB is worth about 100-180 in very good condition while New about 200 - 300 in very good condition (Ok it is worth a lot considering other titles out there ).  If you want to sell it, msg me, I will be happy to purchase this from you at a fair price. 

Here is most of the known sales on this item:
https://www.pricecharting.com/game/3do/mathemagics

Interesting info, and thank you for the link to the past sales. Shame that the old listing pics aren't present. Ideally somebody here will want to trade for it, but if doesn't move here I'll put it on Ebay when I reactivate the account later this year.

6 hours ago, Blazing Lazers said:

Interesting info, and thank you for the link to the past sales. Shame that the old listing pics aren't present. Ideally somebody here will want to trade for it, but if doesn't move here I'll put it on Ebay when I reactivate the account later this year.

What are you looking to trade for?

Edit: You are welcome.. :) I also agree that it is a shame that there are no pictures for past sales..., but I would kinda judge the condition of your copy and consider where you think it might sit in reference to the highest sale amount on recored and the lowest. That is usually a good metric to use unless yours is in absolute mint condition and sealed. 

Here is the last Ebay sold listing for $117:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174755070223?hash=item28b036c10f:g:OFUAAOSwAAtgjv~z

Edited by Wing_Commander

On 8/3/2021 at 11:03 PM, Wing_Commander said:

What are you looking to trade for?

Edit: You are welcome.. :) I also agree that it is a shame that there are no pictures for past sales..., but I would kinda judge the condition of your copy and consider where you think it might sit in reference to the highest sale amount on recored and the lowest. That is usually a good metric to use unless yours is in absolute mint condition and sealed. 

Here is the last Ebay sold listing for $117:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174755070223?hash=item28b036c10f:g:OFUAAOSwAAtgjv~z

Mostly CDi titles. It's all that I have left to collect that I don't already have. Even then, it's pretty much just the CDi Movies with the slipcover that I'm missing, and a complete with slipcover US Flashback. There is a good bit overlap between 3DO and CDi owners. 

1 hour ago, Blazing Lazers said:

Mostly CDi titles. It's all that I have left to collect that I don't already have. Even then, it's pretty much just the CDi Movies with the slipcover that I'm missing, and a complete with slipcover US Flashback. There is a good bit overlap between 3DO and CDi owners. 

Unfortunately I don't own any CDI stuff, I am still trying to complete my 3DO collection.  I have been contemplating on starting a CDI collection but I think that will be a while. So the best I can do is offer cash. Let me know if you are interested. :)  

• Like 1