Apple IIc (PAL) RGB adapter

YannAros

22 hours ago, YannAros said:

Final tests for the Apple 2e version, noise issue is resolved:

IMG_2204.thumb.JPG.9cd5d46818d497ce8559b55aba54d941.JPG

Sound is also redirected to SCART.

I've also finalised to route the board:

Proto4.thumb.JPG.c67aff2bb824b656d2812976c42c5364.JPG

And I've ordered some prototypes, now I have to wait for them to be build and delivered.

Good news!!

Take my money, take my money!

Edited by Papalapa

• 3 weeks later...

Card is the same for NTSC and PAL, but has never been tested in an NTSC Apple 2e.

The only difference is the length of the cables to connect to Audio and +12V, NTSC will require a bit longer cables, but those one will also fit a PAL machine.

@trash_44fr I've put you on the waiting list, you can do with only one card, but this is an internal card.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:27 AM, YannAros said:

Card is the same for NTSC and PAL, but has never been tested in an NTSC Apple 2e.

No worries!  Let's get that test done.  I won't be concerned if there are problems.  We can fix them and make people happy from there.  Just saying.  I am happy to buy hardware.

I have a first batch of 10 cards going out for people from another forum in France and some of them have NTSC machines. I’m waiting for the last parts (esp the DRAM) to arrive.

The second batch will follow soon with some slights improvements on the layout and your card is part of this one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, YannAros said:

I have a first batch of 10 cards going out for people from another forum in France and some of them have NTSC machines. I’m waiting for the last parts (esp the DRAM) to arrive.

The second batch will follow soon with some slights improvements on the layout and your card is part of this one.

Good news,I hope they are ready soon 😀

17 hours ago, YannAros said:

Nice!  Will be great when I know where to send money :)

Hi! I want to build the iic-scart adapter for myself. I've noticed that you shared the PCB design and BOM online and I've ordered the parts, but I can't find the wiring diagram for the Scart connector. Could you by any chance share the wiring diagram for that? Just so I don't miss anything.

And if you can share the stl files for the case I would also be very grateful.

@roli

I've made an update to the schematic after some feedbacks where the adapter was not working reliably with some Apple2c's.

The modification is the same as the one done on the Apple 2e version:

- Adding a pull-up resistor on SYNC input

- Using the non used gate from U9 to buffer SYNC signal before feeding the monitor

It looks like some times the SYNC signal is a bit weak to drive the monitor as well has drive the MR# input from 74HC164 (U3).

Here is the modified schematics, where I've also added the output signals names:

image.thumb.png.0fb92910cdff11d377733321c209f9ae.png

• Like 4