IGNORED

Was not releasing with CD at launch the biggest mistake Atari made with the Jaguar?

Leeroy ST

4 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

We talked in PMs. He sent me alot of source codes for jag and homebrew ideas. But your missing another person i listed. Your comment thread related? I have no problem with an admin or moderator taking all our off topic posts and putting in Atari Mini thread I made.

What you are doing with those sources codes?

9 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

And asking for money to support their channel so they can continue to produce more videos covering more subjects badly and spreading further misinformation. 

Even when people are warned they are using guest writers, readers, proof readers as resources.... 

That certain industry folk are established showmen/bullshitters, they still use them as credible sources. 

Unless the YT community does something to admit guilt and make positive steps to ensure the material it produces is as credible as possible, nothing is going to change. 

People use YT, Twitter and FB as their gospel now. 

Interviews and quotes posted on forums, dedicated lost game sites, don't stand a chance. 

An awful lot of time went into finding and asking industry people about their time on the Panther, Frank Gasking and myself might as well not of bothered. 

I'm bloody glad the quote from Leonard Tramiel saying Panther Raiden was another bullshit claim,has been posted here. 

Retrogamer Magazine went straight ahead and printed Martin Hooley claiming it and Daemonsgate etc were in Panther development. 

A statement Martin's own ex-staff who worked on Humans, Daemonsgate and Raiden, strongly dispute and point out Martin is anything but a reliable source. 

The bloody UK Press are as guilty as the YT scene for spreading misinformation, giving Hooley, Cale, Wicox, Whittaker, San etc a platform to write history in their favour. 

We only want the big stories from the big names, we don't worry about accuracy, was whst i was told in private long ago by the magazines editor. 

Dont forget the Youtubers and social media personalities that have "expert" "history" or "historian" in their user or channels names which people automatically eat up for some reason.

2 hours ago, ataritiger said:

Don't you guys have a family? 

Lol wut?

2 hours ago, ataritiger said:

At least I'm somewhat on topics while defending myself 

You haven't been on topic since you entered the thread. In fact you came in aggressively jumping to attack. Not sure about this defending yourself stuff as if you're a victim.

32 minutes ago, Leeroy ST said:

Dont forget the Youtubers and social media personalities that have "expert" "history" or "historian" in their user or channels names which people automatically eat up for some reason.

Lol wut?

You haven't been on topic since you entered the thread. In fact you came in aggressively jumping to attack. Not sure about this defending yourself stuff as if you're a victim.

Im not a victim of anything but I have to fend off 5 people everytime I post now, and that's a fact. Just look at last 5 pages or so. I gave my opinion several times on exact thread subject. Go look.

52 minutes ago, Leeroy ST said:

Glad to see you agree the Jag releasing with a CD drive would have helped.

Yes as a duo system that could play older panther carts and new jag carts (kinda like cancel sega neptune plays genesis and 32x and 32x cd games if they had sega cd) if devoloper didn't want to make a cd game. If load times were good then yes thats scenario I think would do best.

1) Panther cart console around 1993 with doom avp wolf3d tempest nbajam rayman etc then

2) 1995 release the jag duo with backwards compatibility to panther and play new 1995 games such as avp2 or fightforlife etc have time finish games like checkered flag etc and most importantly 

3) Decent panther reaction could have led to 3rd party drooling to make games on jaguar like capcom, treasure, Konami, a Sega virtua racing lawsuit game and EA etc.

Anybody disagree?

Edited by ataritiger

2 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Yes as a duo system that could play older panther carts or new jag carts (kinda like cancel sega neptune) if devoloper didn't want to make a cd game. If load times were good then yes thats scenario I think would do best. Panther cart console around 1993 with doom avp wolf3d tempest nbajam rayman then release the jag duo with backwards compatibility to panther and play new 1995 games such as avp2 or fightforlife etc have time finish games like checkered flag etc.

Let me guess...you took the short bus to school, didn't you?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Let me guess...you took the short bus to school, didn't you?

No why. Did you? If so do you now work at the CDC? That about thread topic? You laugh at mentally retarded people? Check my last post and let's discuss. Is that possible for you and others?

Edited by ataritiger
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, ataritiger said:

Im not a victim of anything but I have to fend off 5 people everytime I post now, and that's a fact. Just look at last 5 pages or so. I gave my opinion several times on exact thread subject. Go look.

There’s is no requirement to fend off anyone.

”I am as I am, the world is as it is.”

On 8/5/2021 at 2:23 AM, agradeneu said:

Another thing: a CD system would have postponed the release of the Jaguar even further. The plan was to release the Jaguar end of 1992 or early 1993, they were already late! 

Missed this, this doesn't make sense. A CD drive is easier to implement than a reader that runs through rom to interface with customer chips since a CD just plays the CD and doesn't need to do that.

There's also a major sound benefit. The Jaguar has the best cart system sound in that era in execution yet between Rayman, Atari Karts, Bubsy, Bruce alee, I war, and Super Burnout it seems developers were either lazy, or couldn't figure out it's sound capabilities.

With CD this fixes that issue, and Jaguar released early enough in the CD boom for that to be a big deal.

1 hour ago, Leeroy ST said:

A CD drive is easier to implement than a reader that runs through rom to interface with customer chips since a CD just plays the CD and doesn't need to do that.

*sigh*

You know, just because the other guy has been booted from this thread doesn't mean you have to replace him.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ataritiger said:

Every source i posted said it was 32bit and could do 3d. I really like post 486 here

"The Cybermorph on Panther claims were put to bed by multiple sources from both Atari Corp, who made clear NO Jaguar titles started life on the Panther and Fred Gill and Brian Pollock of ATD. "

Who are the sources at Atari? Do Fred and Brian always tell the truth? Did the Atari sources work on panther and jaguar and cybermorph? Get specific. Have you done video interviews with people directly involved?

Because 2 or 3 jaguar games were listed as starting on jaguar. I posted it earlier in a screenshot.

F##k me. 

Why don't you go and find Atari Corp and ATD sources and ask them yourselves if you think myself, RVG, ATD and Atari Corp sources are all working under some clandestine alter motive to hid the fact some middle of the road titles actually started life on a console that was killed off in favour of the Jaguar and come back and share YOUR multiple source information, proving ours wrong. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lostdragon said:

F##k me. 

Why don't you go and find Atari Corp and ATD sources and ask them yourselves if you think myself, RVG, ATD and Atari Corp sources are all working under some clandestine alter motive to hid the fact some middle of the road titles actually started life on a console that was killed off in favour of the Jaguar and come back and share YOUR multiple source information, proving ours wrong. 

He's been booted out of the thread. Stop posting and let it die ;)

• Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 6:24 PM, joeatari1 said:

I knew he owned the Jag base unit molds and cartridge molds, but what about the CD and the controllers?  I can't Imagin (see what I did there) there would be much demand for standard repro controllers as there are so many of them out there, but new/colored/clear CD shells and base unit shells would be great.  Obviously there are repro pro controllers already.

They made ~20K JagCD, maybe there's still what 75% around, so say 15K (maybe) .... I really don't see a market for JagCD shells, and I also see 100 people would swear right now they would buy one in trasparent-lilac if it was available just to prove me wrong :(