IGNORED

Atari 7800 manuals..

Kirkland

Robotron?  That was my color test dummy.  I liked that the attract mode gave up all the graphics I was after.  It's also why I'm disappointed I don't have more cover artwork...

Luckily I have most of the Atari Corp manuals (my 3rd party is non-existent) for scanning and retouching, now if only there was some more free time...

Robotron- 2084 (Atari).pdf

So I spent about 2 hours hand coloring the crappy Donkey Kong manual cover (poor scan/horrible horrible contrast) since there is no matching cover art out there.  Then it dawns on me that it's identical to the Atari 400/800 color manual- which I got when I snagged the DK Junior A400 manual since it was the only colored match for the Atari 2600 manual.. ?

Edited by Kirkland

And this cleans out everything I had in the pipeline.

I'm pretty proud of how Donkey Kong and especially Donkey Kong Junior turned out.  Gives me a foundation for when I attack the same-era 2600 manuals to bring those 28(!?) up to speed.

My only ask is that these don't just end up on Emumovies- them slapping their watermark on *my* hours upon hours of work is a slap in the face.

Tower Toppler (USA).pdf Robotron- 2084 (USA).pdf Donkey Kong Junior (USA).pdf

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

Hey Mitch, a guy on Facebook asked me about a MIA Chuck Norris manual he found that is done in the classic atari 7800 style (same font/ burgundy text on white). I know you bought the prototype years ago, did you make that manual too? I think it's weird how he found THAT in the wild without the game. 

16 hours ago, Trebor said:

Hey Kirkland..  just wanted to make mention that I think it is really cool that you're doing these colorized manuals. 

Couple with the colorized cart labels, it makes for a great substitution or replacement set of the originals.

Thank you!

You are welcome!

And on to tonight's..

Scrapyard Dog (USA).pdf

• Like 1