IGNORED

SNACK - SNES Atari Controler Kit

Irgendwer

Got me a 2nd SNACK adapter - this time with the new casing - the two tone XL one. Love it. :lust:I also cutomised it a bit with some Atari stickers - (well popping stickers on things was something we all did as teenagers so why not heh heh:P) Thanks Irgendwer :grin:

Few pics of it running off my 800 in enhanced mod (green LED changes to red):

image.thumb.png.e8db80ee89069933e4d89c7170dd265f.png   image.png.9c89f2ce67c157e558b27f1abd2f0cb5.pngimage.png.5325fd31e304a2a70cef97de64f306c9.png  

image.thumb.png.ae6e394fd8c624775b31bea055d218d0.png   image.png.943cc9fe18e12006ce6a094ce13ccc86.png   

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Irgendwer said:

Nice! Good to see someone is using the design.

Here is the orientation and supports, how I print the parts:

grafik.thumb.png.17279399616d88d8fb487cd779eb73c4.png

When I imported STL files in Ultimaker Cura, they were oriented differently, therefore a lot of supports were needed.

I am a 3d printer n00b so Steve told me to rotate the parts like picture above.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
45 minutes ago, nsinav said:

@Irgendwer I am a member of ABBUC and I have not been able to find the schematics or the files to build the Snack Adapter.

AFAIK the plans are not available in the public domain or for ABBUC members. I may well have missed something or miunderstood, but I thought being an ABBUC member just meant you can buy the SNACK unit directly from their shop. (Non members can't).

I thought only Irgendwer as the creator - held the plans and assembled these.

Again I may be totally wrong here.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:11 AM, Irgendwer said:

Just yesterday the first prize for the project was announced! To all who are concerned: THANK YOU!

ABBUC members already have the possibility to build their own, but it would be more attractive to produce them in numbers (and they are interesting for other 9 pin joystick port systems too).
I'm estimating the possibilities to publish/offer the hardware.

@Beeblebrox I understand. I paid for the membership in ABBUC to be able to assemble the Snack myself as this message that I reply says, apparently it was not true.

5 hours ago, nsinav said:

@Irgendwer I am a member of ABBUC and I have not been able to find the schematics or the files to build the Snack Adapter.

As for ABBUC members the build of personal hardware for own purposes is permitted by the contest regulations you should find the instructions on the ABBUC web page.

They are usually available in the member area. To get the access to it, you have to reach out to the web master there. The member area access is not automatically given by becoming a member.

(I'm not responsible for the procedure...)

Hope this helps!

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nsinav said:

First you must register for the forum at https://abbuc.de/forum/ucp.php?mode=register (in the upper right you can switch language to English).

Then request access to the members' area of forum and website by sending your membership no. and your forum username via email to vorstand@abbuc.de.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Irgendwer said:

As for ABBUC members the build of personal hardware for own purposes is permitted by the contest regulations you should find the instructions on the ABBUC web page.

They are usually available in the member area. To get the access to it, you have to reach out to the web master there. The member area access is not automatically given by becoming a member.

(I'm not responsible for the procedure...)

Hope this helps!

@Irgendwer, @DjayBee thank you for your help. I am registered and i have access to the abbuc members area. I was looking but i don't get anything about the Snack. The problem is i can't order one in the ABBUC store because they don't ship to my country (Chile).

31 minutes ago, nsinav said:

@Irgendwer, @DjayBee thank you for your help. I am registered and i have access to the abbuc members area. I was looking but i don't get anything about the Snack. The problem is i can't order one in the ABBUC store because they don't ship to my country (Chile).

Ok, I see. As I'm not an Abbuc member (anymore) I cannot tell you the exact location of the files in the member area. @DjayBee?

(Additionally I'll send you a PM.)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, mutterminder said:

I put in an order from the ABBUC store, but I'm not sure about how the payment method works.  Does anybody here know how I can pay from a USA bank?

I used PayPal to the same ABBUC address that I use when paying for my membership. 

ABBUC was very helpful since there were questions about the Syscheck II that I ordered from them. 

Bob C

12 hours ago, darwinmac said:

I used PayPal to the same ABBUC address that I use when paying for my membership. 

ABBUC was very helpful since there were questions about the Syscheck II that I ordered from them. 

Bob C

They didn't offer a Paypal option on the web store.  I would gladly use Paypal.