IGNORED

Galactic Invasion Galaxian

Atari_Bill

13 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Out of curiosity, is the Galactic Invasion cart with the Galaxian menu option tougher to find?   I know that it was changed at some point, but I wasn’t sure how long it had been out before it was forced to change. 

I would say the Galaxian cart with Galaxian menu is harder to find - I think when Bally re-named the cart the only thing they changed was the label, not the ROM.  I don't think any of the carts actually say "Galactic Invasion" at the main menu.  

But then again I haven't fired up any original carts in years so I could be completely off here.  

8 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

I would say the Galaxian cart with Galaxian menu is harder to find - I think when Bally re-named the cart the only thing they changed was the label, not the ROM.  I don't think any of the carts actually say "Galactic Invasion" at the main menu.  

But then again I haven't fired up any original carts in years so I could be completely off here.  

I tried one of my later ones and it does say Galactic Invasion as the menu choice.  That’s why i was curious.  

1 minute ago, Atari_Bill said:

I tried one of my later ones and it does say Galactic Invasion as the menu choice.  That’s why i was curious.  

Really?  I would like to see that, I could have sworn they all say Galaxian.  Is it an Astrocade labelled cart?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Really?  I would like to see that, I could have sworn they all say Galaxian.  Is it an Astrocade labelled cart?  

Here’s a pic.  I would show the menu, but I just put my system away and unfortunately it’s getting a little glitchy.  That sucks!  1804C0ED-287B-4722-A59A-C17E294BB665.thumb.jpeg.b51d5d378e7b1c3cfb32e8887580f425.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Here’s a pic.  I would show the menu, but I just put my system away and unfortunately it’s getting a little glitchy.  That sucks!  1804C0ED-287B-4722-A59A-C17E294BB665.thumb.jpeg.b51d5d378e7b1c3cfb32e8887580f425.jpeg

Interesting - so its possible that Astrovision or Astrocade (same company) finally revised the ROM to show Galactic Invasion.  Next time you fire it up can you snap a shot and post it?

15 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

Interesting - so its possible that Astrovision or Astrocade (same company) finally revised the ROM to show Galactic Invasion.  Next time you fire it up can you snap a shot and post it?

I didn’t pull mine back out, but here’s a video showing it I found on the https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwii_sv_1YDyAhWWhJ4KHXbSALoQFjAHegQIAxAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Farchive.org%2Fdetails%2FGalacticInvasionBallyAstrocadeVideoVsTVComparison&usg=AOvVaw3jaQAo9HNZPvA6qMwU5MRa

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2021 at 4:21 PM, Atari_Bill said:

1804C0ED-287B-4722-A59A-C17E294BB665.thumb.jpeg.b51d5d378e7b1c3cfb32e8887580f425.jpeg

Interesting, I wouldn't have expected the revised ROM to appear in one of these boxes, which of course is a Bally-branded box with an Astrocade sticker on top, used after the Bally license expired (I believe I had read Bally gave Astrovision/Astrocade one year to use the Bally name). Once Astrovision/Astrocade ran through the Bally-branded boxes, they made the true Astrocade boxes (without any silly stickers), which they used until the end.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:54 AM, Atari_Bill said:

Interesting, that's Adam’s video, will have to ask him if that was an actual cart and not a multi.  Not sure but it might be possible to rename the titles on a multicart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 1:21 PM, Atari_Bill said:

There is probably nothing wrong with your system. In the console instruction manual, it says that it is normal for the graphics to get glitchy after swapping games because the previous game you played leaves chunks of data in the memory. Sometimes you have to turn on the console and let it "warm up" for a while before either pressing reset or turning the console on and off. The "warming up" process helps to clear old data from the memory.

In addition to scrambled graphics, you can also get things like a solid black screen.

I bought a second system once because I thought my system was getting glitchy and dying. The second system came with the box and manual. This is where I learned this. It turned out both systems work fine.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 1