IGNORED

Are S-Video Mods No Longer Available?

Rick Dangerous

I have a 7800 with a friend and he's having a helluva time finding a S-Video mod kit for my 7800.  Are these available anywhere? 

To my knowledge it's still the easier way to get a really sharp picture out of a 7800.  I haven't heard of anyone RGB modding or HDMI modding them....but maybe i'm out of the loop.   There are an abundance of AV mod kits, but once you've seen that crisp clear S-Video picture on a CRT it's really a standard you try to maintain. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or are they just not being made currently?  If so, what is the alternative or replacement or next mod/standard that has come along? 

Thanks so much for any insight on this predicament as the guy who modded my first 7800 (Electronic Sentimentalities) has since retired. 

13 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

I have a 7800 with a friend and he's having a helluva time finding a S-Video mod kit for my 7800.  Are these available anywhere? 

To my knowledge it's still the easier way to get a really sharp picture out of a 7800.  I haven't heard of anyone RGB modding or HDMI modding them....but maybe i'm out of the loop.   There are an abundance of AV mod kits, but once you've seen that crisp clear S-Video picture on a CRT it's really a standard you try to maintain. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or are they just not being made currently?  If so, what is the alternative or replacement or next mod/standard that has come along? 

Thanks so much for any insight on this predicament as the guy who modded my first 7800 (Electronic Sentimentalities) has since retired. 

The UAV is the main AV upgrade board for use with the 7800 at this time. Provides good composite and really good s-video. They are only available through the Brewing Academy here:

https://thebrewingacademy.com/collections/atari-7800/products/tba-ultimate-atari-video-uav-board-for-atari-7800

If you search ebay enough, I believe Winzmod has created their own version of the older LHE upgrade. While, I've not used their version of the LHE, the original LHE had several issues and I've even removed a few LHEs from 7800s and replaced them out with UAVs for a few AA members here.

I stand corrected and do not see the boards from Winzmod on ebay, but they do sell them through their online store. But for the price, I say stick with the basic UAV and wire that up.

https://winzmods.com/

• Thanks 3