IGNORED

Eye Candy

dhe

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dhe said:

Sorcerer

In tribute to all the work InsaneMultitasker has done on the interpreter.

Does anyone have all the physical titles released for the TI?

I have physical copies of all of the titles Infocom released for the TI, and in addition to that, I have physical copies of all of the titles Asgard released under Infocom license.

• Like 4

Your Sunday afternoon, extra. Back in the late 90's there was a catalog (I forget it's name) that used to sell kewl stuff for those building PC's or working IT. Here is one of the items I purchased from them.... Soft Molex connectors, so when taking the power cable out, they come out easy not hard.

molex.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, dhe said:

Creative Programming for Young Minds

cpfym.jpg

So nice that there are more of these out there--I had only ever seen Volumes IV through VII in the scans Ernie made. I think they showed up in a catalog somewhere as well, but that was the only evidence I'd ever seen that they actually existed outside of a crazy-priced eBay auction I saw about ten years ago (they wanted something like $1,000 for a console, speech, and a handful of books).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As I've been collecting TI stuff for years, you never know what will show up.

1 of my geneve's has a BRS Consulting Label, One a User Group Label.

While testing a flex card with 32K this label showed up.

ksheets.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, dhe said:

While searching for my Hunt the Wumpus T-Shirt I came upon some other Texas Instruments themed T's.

t1b.jpg

t1f.jpg

I recognize this shirt--we both bought one that day. It was also the first time we had a chance to meet in-person. :)  :)  :)

• Like 3

You were both at Birkenau? Me too ...  I can't remember 'cause I didn't know you then ...

Was it one of you I've been talking about US politics and the Bush family ? I remember a special quote, but other than that, my memory faded a little over the 18 years...

@publicarni what about another local Errorfree meeting before Corona strikes back?

I was Michael Becker's surprise guest, @SteveB. I think there were three of us from the US at that Treff: @dhe, me, and Mike Wright. My wife was also there, but she's Turkish. I also remember talking to a French couple for a bit, and there were also the regular folks from Great Britain and the Netherlands. My funniest memory from that Treff was when a group of us were sitting at a table eating and Berry Harmsen offered to buy a round for everyone at the table. My wife said she didn't want anything and Berry being the consummate comic came back at her with a beautifully snarky comment: "Are you sure you want to say no? This is probably the only time in your life a Dutchman will offer to buy you a drink." She laughed and said no thank you again. . .which set the whole table laughing.

Berry is definitely one of the positive highlights of any TI gathering.

• Like 1