IGNORED

Eye Candy

dhe

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
21 minutes ago, dhe said:

Trifecta!

Somehow, through time and space, I had ended up with two boxed Q*berts and two boxed POPEYES and no boxed FROGGER.

I finally fixed that after about 8 years of searching.

thumbnail_IMG_0813.jpg

I wish Parker Brothers had done all the Atarisoft conversions, somehow.  Best looking, best playing, best boxes of the classic era, right here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dhe said:

Trifecta!

Somehow, through time and space, I had ended up with two boxed Q*berts and two boxed POPEYES and no boxed FROGGER.

I finally fixed that after about 8 years of searching.

thumbnail_IMG_0813.jpg

Nicely done.  I wound up with two really, really nice Frogger CIB while collecting for my Frogger corner (I have all eight of the Parker Brother cartridge releases, plus a couple extra.)  I have lamented not picking up the other TI-99 Parker Brothers titles back when I could get them for a steal.

2 hours ago, InfernalKeith said:

Best looking, best playing, best boxes of the classic era, right here.

Agreed 100%.  PB conversions on the TI-99 are top-notch.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, It could be a possible way.

Another easier way could be to try to load the program and save It to another empty cassette tape using the same ti99 with a recorder (this Will at least preserve any possible damage to the original support in the next steps).

Then save a WAV using Audacity and so use MAME to load It and save it in a floppy disk image.

Alternatively could be also sent me a copy of the tapes and then I Will do the job 😁 I also could offer to pay the shipping costs, which important is to preserve.

But I already tried to do something similar with Andrew a while ago and After months of messages no success to have something preserved :( 

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

A well used console!

A Lima Fair pickup.

Almost all the strips + the two program cheat sheets taped to the top are for the C.O.N.N.I. BBS and Disk+Aid programs.

This console has not one, but TWO buttons - and still works.

top.jpg

side.jpg

Sadly - I tried to use a FinalGrom and got no response, so I cautiously popped the hood. Here is the photo's I took of some of the wiring.

chip.jpg

key1.jpg

key2.jpgkey3.jpg

I  looked at the Grom Port connector, and I was amazed at it's dirtiness - here are some before and after ultrasonic cleaner shots.

before_connect.jpg

before_conn2.jpg

after1.jpg

after2.JPG

• Like 2

Just a follow up on the  console. After ultrasonic clean of the GROM port connector the Final GROM works.

Also I traced down the pins on the keyboard push button - it duplicates the functionality of the FCTN key.

The side button wired in to the 74LS74 is from an article by Mack McCormick, published in Micropendium that implements load interrupt.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dhe said:

@Andrewmacattack Any chance you would be willing to upload them here?

The only one of those I've seen in the wild is JetStorm - I honestly thought the rest where vaporware.

There were about 20 different ALA titles for the TI that I have actually seen in the wild. A train/hobby shop in York PA had an entire display of them back in 1984-1985. I bought two titles as I didn't have a lot of cash on me at the time, and they were long gone by my next trip into York about five years later. Jet Storm seems to have been a somewhat popular ALA title, as it is one of the two I bought back then, LOL. I seriously considered Dungeon Key, but eventually chose something else instead.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 3:01 AM, dhe said:

@Andrewmacattack Any chance you would be willing to upload them here?

The only one of those I've seen in the wild is JetStorm - I honestly thought the rest where vaporware.

Hi

I will be willing to download these and other games that have been requested, unfortunately over past 18 months I've had very little time for my hobby due to my wife diagnosed with MS and taking care of my wife as she unable to get about. Plus full time in work. I've explained this to other member unfortunately looking at some posts it comes across I'm not willing to help out, which is not the case.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Does it have the nice silver-foil paper tray in the box too? Those seem to be the most likely parts of these sets to be lost.

That is a nice, pristine copy of Hangman though--super crispy label! :) Hangman seems to be one of the harder ones to find the box too (with Connect Four being the easiest), so double-bonus. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1