IGNORED

Collecting problem

atari2600land

I like to go between the various consoles I have from time to time. I spend some time focusing on one or two. Currently I have the Odyssey 2 and 32X hooked up, with a sometimes muted Colecovision (sound issues :()on the floor ready to go whenever I want to play it. So right now I'm focusing on the Odyssey 2. Playng it. Programming it. Collecting for it. But that last one is hard because I have every commercially released game and quite a few homebrews. I have the urge to buy something for my Odyssey 2, but Iit's hard to think of anything to get that I don't already have. Really the only thing I can think of is Amok. But no place to get it from. What can I do?

Hmm, 

Do you have all US releases? 

Do you have all the videopac range including the later games that still play on the g7000/odyssey 2?

Do you have an upgraded console with the additional background graphics? 

Do you have the games for that and the upgraded versions of earlier games? 

Do you have chess? And played it? 

Do you have the voice module? 

Do you have the 6 third party games? 

Do you have the Home computer module (I have never seen this, does it definitely exist?)? 

If you have all that, plus most of the homebrew available, you'll have to wait for me to make one (which will be awhile!). 

6 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Do you have an upgraded console with the additional background graphics? 

Do you have the games for that and the upgraded versions of earlier games? 

Hi,

Where can I find out more about this? I'm VERY interested.

Thank you,

-Chris

18 hours ago, cjherr said:

Hi,

Where can I find out more about this? I'm VERY interested.

Thank you,

-Chris

11 hours ago, atari2600land said:

I'm in the US, so I don't think the updated Odyssey 2 will work over here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philips_Videopac%2B_G7400

It comes with scart which makes things easier to convert the signal, obviously the power supply will need a transformer or a new psu that can adapt it. I recently got one for a Japanese AES to work in UK, I imagine there are other solutions for other systems, but it might be a case of using a transformer as this might be quite specific and rare situation. 

On 8/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, atari2600land said:

I like to go between the various consoles I have from time to time. I spend some time focusing on one or two. Currently I have the Odyssey 2 and 32X hooked up, with a sometimes muted Colecovision (sound issues :()on the floor ready to go whenever I want to play it. So right now I'm focusing on the Odyssey 2. Playng it. Programming it. Collecting for it. But that last one is hard because I have every commercially released game and quite a few homebrews. I have the urge to buy something for my Odyssey 2, but Iit's hard to think of anything to get that I don't already have. Really the only thing I can think of is Amok. But no place to get it from. What can I do?

There’s a decent amount of Odyssey 2 merch that was made back in the day.  That’s another avenue.  I have several pieces, but always on the lookout for more. 

3 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philips_Videopac%2B_G7400

It comes with scart which makes things easier to convert the signal, obviously the power supply will need a transformer or a new psu that can adapt it. I recently got one for a Japanese AES to work in UK, I imagine there are other solutions for other systems, but it might be a case of using a transformer as this might be quite specific and rare situation. 

Thank you.

-Chris