IGNORED

Why are AA posts being edited for Tommy Tallarico?

MegaManFan

Should AtariAge be in the business of renaming topics, closing conversations, and acting like a propaganda machine for Tommy Tallarico and his thrice-delayed Intellivision Amico? This is diminishing the respect for AtariAge around the internet and that's a very sad development for a website and a community that I've been part of for 20+ years. If he can't deliver on his promises, AtariAge shouldn't be in the business of shoring his business up, protecting his (now non-existent) good name, and acting like yet another unpaid PR person for his company.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

I think it makes sense to rename the Q&A thread.  People should be encouraged to create a new topic for a question if one doesn't exist already.  The Amico section is full of criticism, it doesn't look like a propoganda machine.  Are you suggesting the CEO of Intellivision Entertainment shouldn't be allowed on Atariage?

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

I think it makes sense to rename the Q&A thread.  People should be encouraged to create a new topic for a question if one doesn't exist already.  The Amico section is full of criticism, it doesn't look like a propoganda machine.  Are you suggesting the CEO of Intellivision Entertainment shouldn't be allowed on Atariage?

I think we should be uncomfortable with a known liar who can't take constructive criticism and constantly makes excuses for everything having a prominent role in shaping the conversation about his vaporware console.

• Like 4

On 8/14/2021 at 9:41 AM, MegaManFan said:

Should AtariAge be in the business of renaming topics, closing conversations, and acting like a propaganda machine for Tommy Tallarico and his thrice-delayed Intellivision Amico? This is diminishing the respect for AtariAge around the internet and that's a very sad development for a website and a community that I've been part of for 20+ years. If he can't deliver on his promises, AtariAge shouldn't be in the business of shoring his business up, protecting his (now non-existent) good name, and acting like yet another unpaid PR person for his company.

It does seem like Atari Age is “curating” and editing the Amico stuff far more than similar content (like VCS, Polymega, etc). Not sure why topics were split up, dropped, renamed when it the past stuff would just be locked or allowed to fade away. 

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

If you have to change the name then it sounds like that thread has outlived its usefulness and should be locked.

I thought that's what the moderator said.  They can lock it and start another with that name, what difference does it make.

51 minutes ago, MegaManFan said:

I think we should be uncomfortable with a known liar who can't take constructive criticism and constantly makes excuses for everything having a prominent role in shaping the conversation about his vaporware console.

He seems to stay away from most Amico topics.  Do you think people played the games at the public events on vapour?

34 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

It does seem like Atari Age is “curating” and editing the Amico stuff far more than similar content (like VCS, Polymega, etc). Not sure why topics were split up, dropped, renamed when it the past stuff would just be locked or allowed to fade away. 

By Atariage rules most posts about the Atari VCS, shouldn't have been allowed.  One could argue they are letting too much go in the Amico section.  Lots of condescension towards other users, and cheapshot jabs that add nothing to the discussion.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

By Atariage rules most posts about the Atari VCS, shouldn't have been allowed.  One could argue they are letting too much go in the Amico section.  Lots of condescension towards other users, and cheapshot jabs that add nothing to the discussion.

Yeah that’s a fair point.