IGNORED

HSC18 Round 14: BUSY BABY & RUNNER BEAR

8 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

Lost most of my lives to 'wet diapers' on the ? pads which feels unfair given that it seems random.

For a long while, I thought the "?" square on the very first level was safe but I found it was random as well. I wonder if the distribution of good/bad changes for every level so it gets more and more risky? Personally I try to avoid "?" after the first two levels, not worth risking losing lives at the gamble of 500 pts or resetting the timer since you often take a detour to reach that square anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

For a long while, I thought the "?" square on the very first level was safe but I found it was random as well. I wonder if the distribution of good/bad changes for every level so it gets more and more risky? Personally I try to avoid "?" after the first two levels, not worth risking losing lives at the gamble of 500 pts or resetting the timer since you often take a detour to reach that square anyway.

I was trying to jump on the "?" only  if I happen to be near them (some are along or close to the main exit path).   I also was not thinking I would be able to get as far as I did without making a jump error so was going for points but in this last run I was good on the jumps and the ? took most of my lives.

You can jump on a given "?" up to two times but found the likelihood of  "wet diaper" increased significantly on the second attempt.   There is some type of distribution that I can't figure out, that now if I make another attempt would not take as many chances.

Busy Baby- either something is not working right on my Ulitmate cart (most likely) or I have no idea what I'm doing wrong b/c I keep dying before I can make the first jump. 640 points ?

Runner Bear- pretty good, tho through the nature of endless runners, I die too fast and wish there were extra lives. I also like the music.

IMG_2148.thumb.JPG.c53fa422a300d4a4ad220141695cff6c.JPG

• Like 3

On 9/5/2021 at 2:48 AM, fakecortex said:

Busy Baby- either something is not working right on my Ulitmate cart (most likely) or I have no idea what I'm doing wrong b/c I keep dying before I can make the first jump. 640 points ?

and you definitely were jumping down and diagonal off the first platform or it just ran out of time - the hose hit the diaper (on the status bar) before you got there?

On 9/3/2021 at 3:49 PM, AtariSphinx said:

I was trying to jump on the "?" only  if I happen to be near them (some are along or close to the main exit path).   I also was not thinking I would be able to get as far as I did without making a jump error so was going for points but in this last run I was good on the jumps and the ? took most of my lives.

You can jump on a given "?" up to two times but found the likelihood of  "wet diaper" increased significantly on the second attempt.   There is some type of distribution that I can't figure out, that now if I make another attempt would not take as many chances.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:26 AM, AtariSphinx said:

Busy Baby: 53,360

Made it to point K.  Lost most of my lives to 'wet diapers' on the ? pads which feels unfair given that it seems random.  Guess that maybe why they give out extra lives every so many levels 

I think you've hit the nail on the head - probably becomes a risk it if you have a life or two spare but I always went for them, I guess the better you get the more annoying it would be to lose a man because of this. Could do with being a rarer event probably down to some bias in Atari's random function!

ok final tables next as I catch up with things here...

Congratulations to Deteacher who takes the win on Busy Baby (he can be proud :-D) and McKong for running away with a bear :thumbsup: I'll play both games more when my thumb joint recovers! Thanks for playing EVERTONE :cool:

final tables

Busy Baby
  1st   Deteacher                     99,210  12pts+1pt #
  2nd   McKong                     94,980  11pts
  3rd   AtariSphinx                 53,360  10pts
  4th   carlsson                     40,070  9pts
  5th   therealbountybob         39,270  8pts
  6th   graywest                    32,250  7pts
  7th   Caco                          12,200  6pts
  8th   chevymad                     6,000  5pts
  9th   Sikor                           3,340  4pts
 10th   fakecortex                     640  2pts