IGNORED

Lost Atari laserdisc game in Ars Technica

wongojack

Atari’s collapse cost us this exquisite-looking Laserdisc game | Ars Technica

"Atari Playland featured multiple miniaturized sets; there were plans for an intro inside a killer clown’s dressing room, a shot outside the park’s entrance, and a fully filmed ride-selection screen."

Youtube video of attract mode here:  Richard Taylor: Jesters Playland - Commercial - YouTube

• Like 2

Interesting.  I'd heard rumours about this existing, but this is the first I've actually seen footage of it.  Thanks!

Late edit: didn't realise it right away, but that's the same Richard Taylor who did the digital effects for Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Tron.  He also was responsible for the well-known 'Juggler' animation:

• Like 1

I remember that "oh this will be FUN!" part as a snippet from a CG graphics montage that was part of a PBS computer animation special I taped back in the 80s. 

They also featured the priest's murder scene from "Young Sherlock Holmes" & an animation sequence by college students of a disembodied pair of gloves & a top hat shooting pool.

• Like 2