IGNORED

Calling directly in VIC-20 Super Expander Assembly routines

Hi all,

As you know the VIC20 has the cartridge SUPER EXPANDER that provides extra BASIC commands to sounds and graphic modes and drawing commands like circles and lines.  I am very interested to know if there are documentation of actual assembly entry points of all of the SUPER EXPANDE routines, so that I can call from my own assembly program.

Thank you for any pointer.

Good question. I have looked without finding any such info, and even disassembled the code. I found that the KEY command starts at $A0BF = 41151 and a few references to $9005 = 36869 but I didn't find any proper entry points.

The question is if you really need Super Expander, or would settle with any graphic extension? I know the people over at Denial have a few extensions perhaps better tailored at machine code use, plus that I have typed in a listing from the old days that provides hires graphics on unexpanded VIC with very little memory to spare. All those solutions would of course be possible to link with your program, and not require that the user loads Super Expander or has that cartridge plugged in.

11 hours ago, carlsson said:

Good question. I have looked without finding any such info, and even disassembled the code. I found that the KEY command starts at $A0BF = 41151 and a few references to $9005 = 36869 but I didn't find any proper entry points.

The question is if you really need Super Expander, or would settle with any graphic extension? I know the people over at Denial have a few extensions perhaps better tailored at machine code use, plus that I have typed in a listing from the old days that provides hires graphics on unexpanded VIC with very little memory to spare. All those solutions would of course be possible to link with your program, and not require that the user loads Super Expander or has that cartridge plugged in.

Any hires graphics library or API set will do.  Thanks.