IGNORED

FujiNet device mount error

5 minutes ago, IndyJones1023 said:

I just loaded Defender from fujinet.pl read-only and it works. It seems my unit will not run if the disks are set to read/write.

check your SD card for write protect, make sure you config etc, is set up correctly(you might clear it out and save a new one), and update the firmware.

after that try your software choices again.

if still no joy it's vendor time. unless you are handy enough to touch up smd components etc. as you might have a flaky joint etc.

Edited by _The Doctor__

10 minutes ago, IndyJones1023 said:

I wrote files to my SD card, so it's not write protected. I tried the same file from a TNFS server - it wouldn't boot if in Write mode but would boot in Read mode. So that must be the issue somehow.

Most public TNFS servers have their files write protected. This will cause file mount to fail if you attempt to mount them read/write. If you want to be able to write to such a disk image, use the [C]opy command to copy it to either a local TNFS server or to the SD card slot.

-Thom

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 1

this being the case/ mount fails due to 'read only mounted as write mismatch' automatic suggestion prompt or do copy to SD instead? Or just do the copy automatically...  This sounds like a common thing we've heard before...

Edited by _The Doctor__

21 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Most public TNFS servers have their files write protected. This will cause file mount to fail if you attempt to mount them read/write. If you want to be able to write to such a disk image, use the [C]opy command to copy it to either a local TNFS server or to the SD card slot.

-Thom

Ahh, good to know!

7 hours ago, tschak909 said:

I would say something wrong with the FujiNet hardware

I wouldn't say that just yet. Is there no more detailed error messaging for tnfs mounting?

7 hours ago, IndyJones1023 said:

I just tried Boulder Dash I fromfujinet.pl and it rebooted to the Memo Pad screen.

Try an ATR image from fujinet.online

• 1 month later...

Question While playing with the Fujinet some how I lost the "SD" host?? Well it had the basic files that came with the unit plus a few I added. Now it is says" error mounting " or something like that. Now the Fujinet loads,boots from the drives etc. I also can browse the web to the web sites...

Anyone know what's up????

O yes all the preloaded web sites went away..I had to add back some of the ones I remembered...

Peter

38 minutes ago, Peter Rabitt said:

Question While playing with the Fujinet some how I lost the "SD" host?? Well it had the basic files that came with the unit plus a few I added. Now it is says" error mounting " or something like that. Now the Fujinet loads,boots from the drives etc. I also can browse the web to the web sites...

Anyone know what's up????

O yes all the preloaded web sites went away..I had to add back some of the ones I remembered...

Peter

Your fnconfig.ini file could be corrupted on sd card. Try removing it from the sd card.

Thanks for the help... what should the file look like??? I did not want to delete it but change it name... Also the type from ini to txt

Update: nothing change with the ini  file rename so I deleted it... Well some where the info is because after I deleted the ini file it still had the same info on boot...

Here is the ini file

fnconfig.ini

OK maybe it is just me or my system but I can no longer run the flasher program..I was going to reflash the unit I have to see if that would help but the flasher does not run. I tried to do it as I have done it before what 6-7 times but it won't even come up ...Maybe the latest windows 10 upgrade did something?? I am at the 21h??, latest upgrade I think...When I tried to download a new copy it downloads and I can un-zip it but will not run. Ever in admin...

Edited by Peter Rabitt
update

1 hour ago, Peter Rabitt said:

nothing change with the ini  file rename so I deleted it... Well some where the info is because after I deleted the ini file it still had the same info on boot...

The config info is also stored internally on the Fujinet. To erase the internal config you can hold the B button (middle left button) when you power on the FujiNet (with SD card removed). This will erase your wifi AP settings, configured hosts and mounts. Then you can start by adding the original hosts back ("SD" for sd card, "fujinet.online" for tnfs, etc).

1 hour ago, Peter Rabitt said:

OK maybe it is just me or my system but I can no longer run the flasher program..I was going to reflash the unit I have to see if that would help but the flasher does not run. I tried to do it as I have done it before what 6-7 times but it won't even come up ...Maybe the latest windows 10 upgrade did something?? I am at the 21h??, latest upgrade I think...When I tried to download a new copy it downloads and I can un-zip it but will not run. Ever in admin...

Is there any kind of error message or does it not do anything? Windows could be blocking the program from running but usually shows a message stating that or ask if you want to run it.

I will try that.

{To erase the internal config you can hold the B button (middle left button) when you power on the FujiNet (with SD card removed).}

As to the running of the flash program, no no error mesg. no nothing..It does show the hour glass when clicking on the Icon or rerunning the downloaded file but them nothing...I tried the run as admin but that did not help..Same thing as with out admin...

Peter

17 hours ago, mozzwald said:

To erase the internal config you can hold the B button (middle left button) when you power on the FujiNet (with SD card removed).

Ok that appears to have done it I can see the SD drive/host and can do other things...I will work with it a little more to see if anything else is wrong...

Thanks again...

Peter

Did not work on the flasher as I was busy with other things...Will look into it in a day or so... Do you have to have the Fujinet hooked up to the computer to have it work??? The flasher program...

It makes it easier to work without hooking it up from the Atari...

Edited by Peter Rabitt

I had strange issues too, until I discovered that the antenna select "jumper" of my ESP32Chip

was soldered wrong. 

20211012_225614.thumb.jpg.a69190fac029da01fe62031d0c120d94.jpg

It was by default connected to the external antenna. (witch I did not used).

So in my hobby room (next to the rooter) it almost worked perfect, but I had some very strange problems sometimes. 

Maybe it is worth to have a look at?

At least, it wont hurt...

Stefan 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 11:16 AM, Peter Rabitt said:

As to the running of the flash program, no no error mesg. no nothing..It does show the hour glass when clicking on the Icon or rerunning the downloaded file but them nothing...I tried the run as admin but that did not help..Same thing as with out admin...

Hi I have found time to play with the fujinet flasher for windows 10 and find it still does not come up... I down loaded the program and tried to reload, no help. I also tried to loaded it on my spare computer windows xp.. it would not load or even try. Got the hour glass but nothing else....

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

WOW, No thank you for the format and reinstall of windows as I don"t even have the reinstall disk.

Also toooo much stuff on the hard disk to delete...

Its working now with w10, so not a problem but I have tried it on my w-xp, it did not load the program/install it so I may have to look into that if we get a new firmware update...

Peter

40 minutes ago, Peter Rabitt said:

WOW, No thank you for the format and reinstall of windows as I don"t even have the reinstall disk.

Also toooo much stuff on the hard disk to delete...

Its working now with w10, so not a problem but I have tried it on my w-xp, it did not load the program/install it so I may have to look into that if we get a new firmware update...

Peter

The flasher won't run on XP, but works on win7 and win10. I wasn't suggesting the format/reinstall :D just stating that it worked for someone else. Sounds like some update broke it, and your recent update fixed it.

O WELL I will use the w-10 to do the flashing...Thanks for the help.. I guess you are right the w-10 updates broke it and them they must have fix something and now it works...LOL

Peter

P>S> Is their a flasher that works on the W-XP and the Fujinet???

Edited by Peter Rabitt