IGNORED

Need advice on Nintendo power magazine

need help advice on grading etc

i've been speaking with a relative who is selling off his nintendo stuff. He has a nintendo power issue #1 still in the mailer. the mailer is rough, but still sealed enough to show the magazine has never been out of it and no way could it be taken out without ripping it further. we were able to peek in through one of the edge holes and the magazine looked cherry. He was tossing the idea around of getting it graded. CGC says it must be removed from the mailer.

Here's the thing, it is 1 of 425,000 printed. given 31 years later i'd guess its safe to say it is 1 of 200,000 or less. How many would still be in the mailer? maybe 100? or less. if any of you are familiar with this stuff let me know. last one sold out of mailer for about 1600.

-not sure how to price this

-do not want to remove it from mailer(no guarantee of being a 9.0 or higher.)

not looking for a price estimate so much as would you remove it or price it crazy and see what happens? We've tossed around the idea of $3 - 5,000

no signs of bugs or rodent damage, just the ripping on the mailer shown in pics.  the mailer while ripped is still sealed to the point the magazine cannot be removed.  

this was stored in a ziplock inside a bubble mailer for about 25 years. 

long and short : would you remove it or sell it as is.  he has an offer for it currently at 1900, without it being graded. 

IMG_5937.jpeg

IMG_5932.jpeg

IMG_5933.jpeg

IMG_5934.jpeg

IMG_5936.jpeg

7 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

What are you talking about the last one sold for $1,600? The last copy sold $110. Unless you mean a graded one and I see one sold for $625.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203508991064?hash=item2f6214c458%3Ag%3AVqoAAOSwmZBg27L3&nma=true&si=Sw3B%2BBQaPzKinS065DDAbyaUWLs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

sold item 1580. 

9 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

What are you talking about the last one sold for $1,600? The last copy sold $110. Unless you mean a graded one and I see one sold for $625.

graded 7.5 sold $2,000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124764155005?hash=item1d0c85ec7d%3Ag%3ApDAAAOSwOqRgwCce&nma=true&si=Sw3B%2BBQaPzKinS065DDAbyaUWLs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1 minute ago, jeremiahjt said:

You mean with the mailer, not out of the mailer.  Put it on eBay as is with a Buy It Now at your top range. If no bites after a while add a Best Offer or lower your price.

yes, the one i have, the mailer looks rough, but the magazine cannot be removed without ripping the mailer further.  

the big debate is to remove and have it graded or sell it as is.  current offer as is is 1900.  if graded, and byt the looks of what i can see, barring any shipment damages, should easily hit 8.5 or higher.  at that high it could be a 2-3000$ book.  idk though.  

2 hours ago, Pheonixx said:

yes, the one i have, the mailer looks rough, but the magazine cannot be removed without ripping the mailer further.  

the big debate is to remove and have it graded or sell it as is.  current offer as is is 1900.  if graded, and byt the looks of what i can see, barring any shipment damages, should easily hit 8.5 or higher.  at that high it could be a 2-3000$ book.  idk though.  

Roll the dice selling as is with a Buy It Now you want. If you cannot get what you want then see about grading it.