IGNORED

Atari Recharged Series (Discussion)

justclaws

6 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Sounds like I was an influencer and my Centipede Recharged issue is now quite popular across both the Xbox and AtariOS platforms (AtariOS after today's OS update).

I'm going to have to check out the Steam versions and see if they can handle custom resolutions.   Asteroids in 3840x1200 sounds amazing!

Ha, I would pay for an Asteroids in VR... just in case Atari is listening/reading...

1 hour ago, leech said:

I'm going to have to check out the Steam versions and see if they can handle custom resolutions.   Asteroids in 3840x1200 sounds amazing!

Ha, I would pay for an Asteroids in VR... just in case Atari is listening/reading...

Good reminder for me to hook up the old PSVR and play these games on it, they will look real cool on that virtual megascreen.

7 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Good reminder for me to hook up the old PSVR and play these games on it, they will look real cool on that virtual megascreen.

I have been trying to watch The Hobbit in 3D on it lately.  Made it through 1.5 of the movies so far.  Ha!

2 hours ago, leech said:

I have been trying to watch The Hobbit in 3D on it lately.  Made it through 1.5 of the movies so far.  Ha!

Yeah, I specifically picked up Tron Legacy in 3D Blu Ray along with the PSVR, it is one of the things I've liked best about it, although I get that is pretty niche. I will definitely check out The Hobbit in 3D, I'd forgotten it was released that way.

6 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Looks like after getting fixed a few days back the Recharged games now no longer work for me once again!. I’m actually starting to get annoyed now its such a weird issue, the games still work for me on the other platforms mind you but I prefer to run them on my VCS. 

F6A64705-D9D6-417D-8F00-871433A90ED6.jpeg

I have heard from others that it seems to be an issue with the save data.  Try deleting your save data and start the VCS again and try the game.  I have read from a couple people on Discord that this worked.

• Like 1

Good thing I held off on investing in a VCS Console.  This debacle has proven to me that Atari and its developers can't even get the basics right on games, let alone a console.  

I'll delete the games from my Xbox and write off the experience as a bad mistake.  

I don't care if they find a fix next week, this sort of thing should never happen in the first place.  

Has anyone successfully used a mouse with these recharged games on the VCS? Specifically Breakout and Missile Command? My mouse, either wireless or wired, constantly pauses the games anytime a mouse key is pressed making it unplayable. Missile Command used to work correctly, but that was awhile ago, probably before any other recharged games were released.

7 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

Has anyone successfully used a mouse with these recharged games on the VCS? Specifically Breakout and Missile Command? My mouse, either wireless or wired, constantly pauses the games anytime a mouse key is pressed making it unplayable. Missile Command used to work correctly, but that was awhile ago, probably before any other recharged games were released.

I tried to play Breakout and Centipede with a mouse over the weekend. Both work, but only if the left mouse button was pressed and held. Releasing the button caused the stuttering others have experienced. When the button was pressed, they worked fine.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:45 AM, zzip said:

No Man's Sky VR?   You can park in an asteroid field and keep blasting :)

Ha!  I need to play that some more.  The problem with that or Skyrim, etc in VR is that you end up disappearing from reality for too many hours at a time.  Damn adulthood, I have too much shit to do!

• Haha 1

Since everyone is either not playing these games or deliberately keeping quiet about the title screen issues, I tried deleting my saved file on Black Widow Recharged (Xbox) and that does nothing to solve the inability to start a game.

This is absolute nonsense.  What could they have possibly broken that prevents a paying customer to start a game that was initially working?  Did Atari's servers get hacked?  I filed a report with Microsoft but I doubt they'll issue a refund. Welcome to the world of intangible electronic games.  Be careful about buying any more games from the new Atari as its doubtful they'll be functional a year from now.

At this point I just went ahead and deleted BW from my console and will avoid buying any of the other Recharged games.  Centipede is next although I can still play that one for some reason.

Thanks.

I've tried it all.  Deleting the individual files (save file), as well as the whole application and then re-downloading it. 
Nothing seems to solve the problem.  Just weird because the same problem impacts the VCS version as we can see by @Atari_JaguarVCS report.

I went into my order history and, conveniently, there's no refund link since this is a non-Microsoft application.  The only recourse appears to be emailing Atari's support which is provided by a link on gamecard.
I've done exactly that.  This is the email that the support link brings up, so feel free to blast this guy's email to light a fire under their lazy butts:  jason.polansky@atari.com