IGNORED

FujiNet at VCFMW 2021

mozzwald

I will be attending VCFMW 2021 September 11-12 and @tschak909 will be there as well. We don't have a table or presentation but will be around. I'll be the tall guy with long hair wearing a FujiNet T-Shirt, can't miss me ;) 

With me will be some new hardware for showing off:

• Latest v1.6 FujiNet with better SIO receptacle pins
  • v1.6 FujiNet with push/push Micro SD Card socket (failure IMO, "change my mind")
  • SIO Breakout board v2.2 using FujiNet connectors

I will be donating a v1.6 FujiNet + care package to the VCFMW Auction so bring your wallet :D 

Suburban Chicago ATarians group will be there and I suspect the new hardware end up at their table where it can actually be used

Would be great to meet anyone who can attend, post here if you will be there!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I will buy two push push v1.6 better sio pin fujinets, will that help change your mind?

They actually hold the SIO plugs instead of spitting them out? NICE

Push Push SD is NICE, but not req'd.

Nice improvements.

Mine seems to be very poor w/ WiFi.

low signal = slow.

Laptop works perfect at this distance.

FN almost never works at same distance [2 feet CLOSER].

FN has problems seeing my WRT1900AC Router.

Lovely device, but still a few issues.

I WANNA get the BBS up on this this thing!

With a better (preferably) WiFi Antenna connector and actual external little gold co-ax connector, w/ a little 3" antenna.

Edited by Kyle22
Suggestion.

22 hours ago, ZuluGula said:

I will be there Saturday. 

Awesome!

22 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I will buy two push push v1.6 better sio pin fujinets, will that help change your mind?

When esp32 boards are back in stock I can make them for you, but as of now I have no plans to produce them. In person they are more difficult to eject than the push/pull socket. This could be discussed in hardware thread if you want to "change my mind".

21 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

With a better (preferably) WiFi Antenna connector and actual external little gold co-ax connector, w/ a little 3" antenna.

Like this? :D 

FujiTenna.thumb.jpg.794a2c7080a9103f262fa4a6fd18a830.jpg

I made this as a joke a long time ago, it's not a real thing. A FujiNet with external antenna port could be made, but we've heard very few reports of wifi signal problems. Could be the same PCB but use the esp32 module with ipex connector and newly designed case to fit the external antenna connector. This can also be discussed more in another thread if you want.

22 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

Awesome!

When esp32 boards are back in stock I can make them for you, but as of now I have no plans to produce them. In person they are more difficult to eject than the push/pull socket. This could be discussed in hardware thread if you want to "change my mind".

Like this? :D 

FujiTenna.thumb.jpg.794a2c7080a9103f262fa4a6fd18a830.jpg

I made this as a joke a long time ago, it's not a real thing. A FujiNet with external antenna port could be made, but we've heard very few reports of wifi signal problems. Could be the same PCB but use the esp32 module with ipex connector and newly designed case to fit the external antenna connector. This can also be discussed more in another thread if you want.

I have a 1.1. It has TERRIBLE network reception / transmission. An antenna would be a great option.

I take my 800 downstairs and it works. Upstairs, it does NOT work (sitting 10 feet away and 6 feet above the WRT1900AC.)

Wood floor, no metal in the way.

Edit: My Motorola phone and everything else WiFi that I have get very good reception.

Edited by Kyle22
With the 800's massive shielding in between.