IGNORED

Best 3D racing game for the 9918A

Asmusr

this is one of the few examples of games where the C64 version does not dominate.
The MSX/Spectrum version is very smooth and well made, too bad only for the yellow monochrome graphics, it's one of the things I can't stand about the spectrum.
Amstrad one also is good but in that case still better on Spectrum/MSX for some details and smooth.

Racing games with great graphics are great. The problem I have with a lot of games is the logic is just terrible. Opponent cars often do not move realistically on the road, through curves, etc. and they are often bunched up in unnatural ways, making getting past them virtually impossible.  As well, they should not be made of stone: you hit a car and blow up or spin out, they should react, as well.  Far too many times I have crashed into cars which are still there when I respawn and I crash into the damned things, again.  Of course, not all games are like that.  Skitchin', on the Sega MegaDrive/Genesis, for instance, when you fall or wreck the cars continue down the road.  I believe OutRun clear out the cars, as well.

• Like 1