IGNORED

Do you still use your Supercharger cassette tapes?

jgkspsx

On this one I tried to load the Supercharger games but it will not recognize them, so I assume it does not have the extra memory...

20220110_170225.thumb.jpg.6e5bf8fda54197b79313bb1453d33fd4.jpg

The cart is also a lot smaller, but all the tapes that came with it still work:

20220110_170125.thumb.jpg.74c93ca0ed66d8b02bee410c6eb81b08.jpg

If anyone has numbers 1, 5 and 11 I will be very interested ?

• Like 1

I plan on hooking up my old Supercharger. I want to test out loading games on it back before their was a Harmony cart. I think that Nukey made a zip file of all the games that needed to be modified to work with the Supercharger (to avoid 2 hotspots used by the supercharger , was it 0xFEEE, and 0xFEEC?)

Then I just need to put the audio files on an old iPod mini and use it as an input for the Supercharger (will likely need some connection converters to change audio jack sizes)

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 10:53 AM, vcsrocks said:

That is always a risk, as the tapes may dry up over time.

I still use my tapes whenever I want to show my kids how much I had to work back in the day to play a game ?

Highly unlikely. At least anytime soon.  There are plenty of examples of compact cassettes far older than any of the supercharger tapes that still sound great.

AFAIK, all of the supercharger games are already archived, so it really wouldn't be that big of a loss.  However, if it does happen or you tape breaks, you can just splice in new tape with the proper files recorded on them.