IGNORED

Caverns of Mars no Joy

Thomas A. Fine

I found this topic after experiencing this same problem, but in my case I'm running an original Atari floppy release of the game, CX8130, on my 1200XL.  It works fine on my 800.  Is this a documented compatibility issue for the XL machines?  I couldn't find anything about it on Google.

• Confused 1

• 2 years later...

I've been having this problem with the atari800 emulator, and after reporting a bug there, it turns out that the emulator isn't at fault.  The problem was a bad OS.  I was running ROMs that I've had forever that originated with modifications for the PC Xformer.  Running with real ROMs solves the problem.  If you're running on an emulator or loading alternate ROMs, check the checksums on the ROMs and make sure they're legit.

Caverns of Mars should run fine on all systems, including the 800, 1200XL (stock ROM), 800XL, 130XE, and XEGS.

This is the only program I've ever seen that had a problem due to these ROMs, so just using the hacked version previously posted in the thread is also a viable solution, but I do suggest checking on what ROMs you have if you hit this.

• Like 1