IGNORED

Impossible Mission - PAL dump?

Trebor

A while ago, I posted about this on the old boards (2600 Nexus). I am anxiously awaiting this release, so as to FINALLY beat the game (Literally, impossible on the NTSC version). Someone replied back stating that it is not emulated/supported properly yet. However, when it is it would be released.

No problem with that. Just curious though: There are other titles that have been made available, dumped, but are not emulated or supported yet. Why these and not Impossible Mission PAL?

Again, NOT a complaint. Just curious, and anxiously looking forward in completing the 7800 version of Impossible Mission.

Thanks for Reading,

Trebor

I thought about hacking the NTSC version to fix the bug but I'd need a dump of the PAL version to see what the fix was. I thought it would be a good starting program. Of course if you can just play the PAL version on an emulator what's the point?

Tempest

I'm probably the one your thinking about that had the PAL Impossible Mission ROM. Since there's been a couple requests I've posted it here http://members.aol.com/atari7800games4/imp...possiblepal.zip for now. This is the bin only, it doesn't include the MESS header.

It's true that MESS doesn't currently support PAL games at present. For that matter the NTSC version of Impossible Mission doesn't work properly either. It always hangs after the title screen.

If anyone has any PAL 7800 ROM's I would love to get a hold of a few more. I have all of the released NTSC 7800 game ROM's but I only have a handful of PAL 7800 ROM's.

Out of curiosity, has anyone in PAL land beaten Impossible Mission?

As far as the NTSC version goes, I heard that there was a fixed version done but was never released. I'm not sure how much truth there is in it, but it would be cool if it were found.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org