IGNORED

Capcom Arcade Stadium

Cobra Kai

I know a lot of you guys and gals probably don't like to buy arcade roms. This is a pretty nice game though. For $40 you get a decent selection of Capcom classic arcade games, with online leaderboards, daily challenges, achievements (of course), customizable controls...basically all the fixins'. It certainly has room for more game packs to add-on later. I've been playing a lot of the included shmups and beat-em-ups like Captain Commando or 19XX, both of which I never played in the actual arcade. 

I have a nice Hori Xbox 360 era joystick that works with a usb adaptor someone here graciously pointed out to me in another thread a while back. Makes for a pretty good time, and a nice break from some of the heavier stuff I've been playing lately.

https://www.capcom-arcade-stadium.com/us/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Parker77 said:

I always support official re-releases of arcade games. Picked this up on Switch, but I'll end up picking it up for either Xbox / PS whenever the packs go on sale. Hoping rumours of a 4th DLC pack turn out to be correct.

I've been stalking the Interwebs to no avail.  I'm hopeful for Vol 4 as well!

• 4 months later...

Bumping this old thread. 

Still no news on a fourth volume of games, but in October Capcom made the games available ala carte for $2 each. 

I never bought any packs, but buying an arcade game for $2 feels like putting a quarter in the machine. I have bought one of these games on the Switch since I have better controller selection on the Switch. 

I am going to buy more soon in the Capcom Stadium line. These aren’t as fancy as Sega Ages games eventually I will probably buy most the Sega Ages line. I will probably only end up buying a few of these Capcom games ala carte. I don’t know if I ever would have bought a pack since there are only a few games in each pack that I want.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The added content is now official, although it will take the unexpected form of a sequel.

https://www.eurogamer.net/capcoms-arcade-stadium-retro-compilation-officially-getting-a-sequel-in-june

Slightly bizarre avenue to take considering how Stadium was built to be expandable, but at least we're getting more classic Capcom arcade games. 

Lineup isn't confirmed, but we know that SonSon (free base game) and Three Wonders (free to those that preorder Capcom Fighting Collection) will be two of the 32 games. Or at least one hopes that Three Wonders won't be a 33rd game that's a timed exclusive to just those that preorder a collection that they may not want (I for one don't much care for fighters).

Easy to make guesses on many of the likely candidates. 20 arcade classics from Capcom Arcade Cabinet and Capcom Classics Collection 1 & 2 were absent in the original Stadium. Given the absence of most of them on other Capcom releases on current systems, it seems likely that many of these will be represented here. Leaves room for lots of surprises that we haven't seen in older Capcom arcade compilations.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 3

On 4/11/2022 at 6:32 PM, Atariboy said:

The added content is now official, although it will take the unexpected form of a sequel.

https://www.eurogamer.net/capcoms-arcade-stadium-retro-compilation-officially-getting-a-sequel-in-june

Slightly bizarre avenue to take considering how Stadium was built to be expandable, but at least we're getting more classic Capcom arcade games. 

Lineup isn't confirmed, but we know that SonSon (free base game) and Three Wonders (free to those that preorder Capcom Fighting Collection) will be two of the 32 games. Or at least one hopes that Three Wonders won't be a 33rd game that's a timed exclusive to just those that preorder a collection that they may not want (I for one don't much care for fighters).

Easy to make guesses on many of the likely candidates. 20 arcade classics from Capcom Arcade Cabinet and Capcom Classics Collection 1 & 2 were absent in the original Stadium. Given the absence of most of them on other Capcom releases on current systems, it seems likely that many of these will be represented here. Leaves room for lots of surprises that we haven't seen in older Capcom arcade compilations.

That does seem kind of a weird way to do it, but I guess whatever works, lol.  

Another Capcom collection I have to buy for my Xbox??

It's nice to get the non-Street Fighter games that weren't available before, but it would be sure nice to have them in one game instead of being spread out like the following...

Capcom Arcade Cabinet - Pre CPS1 titles

Capcom Beat 'Em Up Collection - All their belt scrollers except for Magic Sword

Capcom Stadium - Everything else with a decent amount of games not included in the above collections

Street Fighter 30th [Year] Collection - Guess what games it has!

• 1 month later...

According to this, here's the games list for Stadium 2. 

1. 1943 Kai
  2. Avengers
  3. Black Tiger
  4. Block Block
  5. Capcom Sports Club
  6. Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
  7. Eco Fighters
  8. Exed Exes
  9. GunSmoke
  10. Hyper Dyne Side Arms
  11. Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
  12. King of Dragons
  13. Knights of the Round
  14. Last Duel
  15. Magic Sword
  16. Mega Man: The Power Battle
  17. Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
  18. Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
  19. Pnickies
  20. Rally 2011 LED Storm
  21. Saturday Night Slam Masters
  22. SonSon
  23. Street Fighter
  24. Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams
  25. Street Fighter Alpha 2
  26. Street Fighter Alpha 3
  27. Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
  28. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  29. The Speed Rumbler
  30. Three Wonders (Bonus if preordering Capcom Fighting Collection)
  31. Tiger Road
  32. Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire

Unsurprisingly, this takes care of the remaining games from Capcom Arcade Cabinet that were passed over for Stadium 1 (As well as most of what hadn't already made the cut from the old Capcom Classics Collections). Missing from Capcom Classics Collection Volume 1 is Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (Present on the 30th Anniversary Collection) and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Not a surprise given that it's a SNES game). Missing from Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2 is Quiz & Dragons.

The only surprise is the overlap with Capcom Fighting Collection due in two weeks. Four of the ten games from that collection will also be appearing in Stadium 2 next month.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

I was bored and decided to compare this with what's available on other contemporary Capcom compilations on the PS4/PS5, XB1/Series systems, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Games in green are those that are included on Xbox 360 releases that are on the Xbox backwards compatibility list, but unavailable on the other modern console lines.

• 1943 Kai (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Avengers (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Black Tiger (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Block Block
  • Capcom Sports Club
  • Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (Capcom Fighting Collection)
  • Eco Fighters
  • Exed Exes (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • GunSmoke (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Hyper Dyne Side Arms (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
  • King of Dragons (Beat 'Em Up Bundle)
  • Knights of the Round (Beat 'Em Up Bundle)
  • Last Duel
  • Magic Sword (Final Fight: Double Impact)
  • Mega Man: The Power Battle
  • Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
  • Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (Capcom Fighting Collection)
  • Pnickies
  • Rally 2011 LED Storm
  • Saturday Night Slam Masters
  • SonSon (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Speed Rumbler (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Street Fighter (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
  • Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
  • Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix (Capcom Fighting Collection)
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (Capcom Fighting Collection)
  • Three Wonders
  • Tiger Road
  • Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire (Capcom Fighting Collection)

Might be a good thing that they're selling these standalone, at least for Xbox fans (Although you don't have to buy many of these at $4 a pop to approach what the entire collection will run for when it inevitably goes on sale in a few months time).

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2022 at 9:18 AM, digdugnate said:

Edit because I'm dumb, lol.  Release date is July 22nd!

For some reason the Nintendo shop lists the estimated release day as today. 

Currently the games in the first stadium are on sale for $1 each.  I bought at few. I will probably get a few more next time they are $1.  With the second stadium I might buy some Ala carte, but I might try to get it on physical when it is discounted in a few months. That new Capcom fighting collection looks fun, but I am waiting for a price drop. 

• Like 1

I've played the heck out of Fighting Collection since it was released.  (25-30 hours, I think?)

I picked up Arcade 2nd Stadium this morning and it's a pretty solid collection of games.  I am a little disappointed that they double-dipped a fair amount if you already have picked up other collections, but overall it's a very well done curated collection of games.

On 6/10/2022 at 4:54 PM, Atariboy said:

I was bored and decided to compare this with what's available on other contemporary Capcom compilations on the PS4/PS5, XB1/Series systems, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Games in green are those that are included on Xbox 360 releases that are on the Xbox backwards compatibility list, but unavailable on the other modern console lines.

• 1943 Kai (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Avengers (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Black Tiger (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Block Block
  • Capcom Sports Club
  • Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (Capcom Fighting Collection)
  • Eco Fighters
  • Exed Exes (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • GunSmoke (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Hyper Dyne Side Arms (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
  • King of Dragons (Beat 'Em Up Bundle)
  • Knights of the Round (Beat 'Em Up Bundle)
  • Last Duel
  • Magic Sword (Final Fight: Double Impact)
  • Mega Man: The Power Battle
  • Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
  • Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (Capcom Fighting Collection)
  • Pnickies
  • Rally 2011 LED Storm
  • Saturday Night Slam Masters
  • SonSon (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Speed Rumbler (Capcom Arcade Cabinet)
  • Street Fighter (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
  • Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection)
  • Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix (Capcom Fighting Collection)
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (Capcom Fighting Collection)
  • Three Wonders
  • Tiger Road
  • Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire (Capcom Fighting Collection)

Might be a good thing that they're selling these standalone, at least for Xbox fans (Although you don't have to buy many of these at $4 a pop to approach what the entire collection will run for when it inevitably goes on sale in a few months time).

Thanks for the list.  what it shows is I have most of the games already via 360 that I wanted.