IGNORED

What videogame was so awful that you stopped playing almost immediately?

Frozone212

Ironic Punishment  

10 members have voted

1. 1. You are locked in a room, which game do you pick?

• Awesome Possum (Sega genesis)
    • Lord of the rings Fellowship of the ring (GBA)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ghost Manor - Trubor Grafx 16

You spend the entire game fighting the awful jump physics in a heavy platforming game.  You do nothing but keep sliding down to the bottom of the screen, get half way up only to miss the timing on another jump and slide back down.  I might have gotten to the second screen where the same process repeated but on slanted roofs

I don't know how that game got out the door.  Awful physics, awful level design, not one iota of "fun"

• Like 1

I just remembered Darkwing Duck on the TurboGrafx. It's really bad. I also remembered Earthworm Jim 2 on GBA. Everyone says that Sonic 1 on GBA is terrible, and it is, but Earthworm Jim 2 is easily worse than that horrible version of Sonic 1. I tried it because I didn't know how bad it was and I quit after maybe 15 to 20 seconds because the game is basically broken.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I'd say it's awful, but I think I'm about to stop playing Persona 5.   I'm in the mood for a good RPG, and I've heard so many good things about this one, but I'm an hour and 10 mins in and haven't seen any gameplay yet.  Just a lot of walking around, reading dialog, and watching cutscenes that don't really make a lot of sense yet.   I'm assuming there's a game in here somewhere, but it hasn't happened yet.

It did have a flashback, and in that flashback, it cut to another flashback, which was weird.  But even better.... in THAT flashback, it cuts to yet another flashback.  I was like "dafuq...?"

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Not sure I'd say it's awful, but I think I'm about to stop playing Persona 5.   I'm in the mood for a good RPG, and I've heard so many good things about this one, but I'm an hour and 10 mins in and haven't seen any gameplay yet.  Just a lot of walking around, reading dialog, and watching cutscenes that don't really make a lot of sense yet.   I'm assuming there's a game in here somewhere, but it hasn't happened yet.

It did have a flashback, and in that flashback, it cut to another flashback, which was weird.  But even better.... in THAT flashback, it cuts to yet another flashback.  I was like "dafuq...?"

Persona 5 is a long, boring, and dull slog. It's still way better than Persona 1, Persona 2, and the other Persona 2, though... those are basically unplayable. 4 is the only one that I actually enjoy playing, as I've tried to replay 3 and 5 but can't force myself to get far.

Jail Break (arcade) pissed me off something fierce.  I stuck with it long enough for a video review and then stepped away forever.  B.S. difficulty that would have been much more playable with a double joystick setup.  This game can seriously suck it.

Super Pitfall for the NES gets a lot of negative notice (deservedly), but man, Dash Galaxy In The Alien Asylum may be worse IMHO.  I rented it and after about maybe 10 minutes maximum said HELLS NO!  Never touched it since.

Also rented SHOVE IT and TECHNOCOP for the Genesis.  I don't know why Shove It was even made (the basic "move x objects to x spaces without running out of room" puzzle game), and Technocop was such a steaming, clunky mess..

• Like 1

Well, I found a new one today, as I started Sakura Taisen V Episode 0. You ride around in the extremely short stages (none have taken longer than 2 minutes and I know that's true because it tells you your clear time after every single one of them) very awkwardly on your horse, bumping into ridiculously weak enemies and cacti and other crap while awkwardly trying to kill them (the enemies, not the cacti, although you can kill the cacti as well if you want) with your sword, which is so short that it's borderline useless, while simultaneously fighting the most difficult enemy in the game: the absolutely horrid camera. I've played it for 32 minutes and the first 7 minutes was enough to tell me that this game is not good and I already don't want to play it ever again.

It is interesting to check out the map of the USA that is used as the stage selection screen. Pretty sure that's not where the states go in real life...

Pic_1029_824.thumb.jpg.4e14bad4a57c54bca45e01655abdd8ca.jpg

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
On 10/29/2021 at 7:20 AM, Razzie.P said:

All the Persona games since P3 are like this.  Even as a massive fan of JRPGs, I cannot stand them.  Only the first two games (P1 and and the two P2 games) in the series are worth playing imo.

• Like 1

The original Halo, and have never touched that series since.  The controls were awkward, the story was meh at best, and the motion was disorienting and motion sickness inducing.  Probably better now, but the original was so bad I was uninstalling within minutes of having installed it.

Fallout 3.  After suffering through the unskippable walk-you-through-the-story phase it makes the vault guards try to kill you.  Got stuck in a corner without helpful gear/resources and died.  Dropped the game for years.

Came back once I was used to Todd-blivion style games and enjoyed it.

Sneak N Peak.   It's the only 2600 game I ever returned even though I got it from the bargain bin.  Objectively it's probably not the worse thing, but it didn't feel like a proper game,  plus it was "Hide and Seek".  What was I, 6 years old?  I was at that awkward adolescent phase where I didn't want to be seen playing a "kids game".   What would my friends think?    Ironically when one of my friends heard I returned it, he said "Aw man, why? I wanted to play that game!"

• Like 3

On 5/30/2022 at 4:13 PM, nadir said:

The original Halo, and have never touched that series since.  The controls were awkward, the story was meh at best, and the motion was disorienting and motion sickness inducing.  Probably better now, but the original was so bad I was uninstalling within minutes of having installed it.

The original is the best of the series.
You clearly need to give it more time.

2 hours ago, Leonard Smith said:

The original is the best of the series.
You clearly need to give it more time.

I beat it with my brother and it's probably one of my worst gaming experiences of of all time. Especially the infamous library and the last level, in which we kept falling with the buggy. ?

5 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I beat it with my brother and it's probably one of my worst gaming experiences of of all time. Especially the infamous library and the last level, in which we kept falling with the buggy. ?

The Library is one of those levels that artificially extend the gameplay.  Lots of games did that (and still do).

The warthog is fun to drive once you dial in the steering mechanics.  Once you get it, it sort of becomes natural to steer around obstacles and pits.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Same here.  I played it co-op back near its launch, and was pretty miserable.  The whole thing just felt like a chore.   And I've played though again (mostly) since then, solo, to give it another shot, and tapped out at the library.  Just couldn't do it.

Mostly, the Halo franchise has just been "meh" to me.  I did love Reach, though.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zzip said:

Sneak N Peak.   It's the only 2600 game I ever returned even though I got it from the bargain bin.  Objectively it's probably not the worse thing, but it didn't feel like a proper game,  plus it was "Hide and Seek".  What was I, 6 years old?  I was at that awkward adolescent phase where I didn't want to be seen playing a "kids game".   What would my friends think?    Ironically when one of my friends heard I returned it, he said "Aw man, why? I wanted to play that game!"

I love Sneak N Peek. Been playing it off and on for like 35 years now. Trying to get my daughter into it. I’d say my least favorite game back in the day is probably Jinx on the 7800. Could never play for more than like 5 minutes.

14 hours ago, Leonard Smith said:

The Library is one of those levels that artificially extend the gameplay.  Lots of games did that (and still do).

We mentioned it in the Soulsbourne thread, but Elden Ring is padded out way too much with content that's simply in there to artificially extend the running time. 

On 10/18/2021 at 5:09 AM, Parker77 said:

I've just had a poke around the internet, apparently the source code for IM was lost in an earthguake(?), so the 'port' is the IM 2025 engine with C64 assets slapped over the top. 

That bites.  Even if they didn't want to reverse-engineer the original source, there must be an emulator that could have been packaged to run it.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a long time to beat the original Finest Hour.

Whoever developed and approved the First city to fall and Surrender at Aachen levels needs to be found and slapped with a Big Red One ps2 case.

Level design was awful, you took way too much damage and your allies were beyond useless.

Never started hard mode, I value my sanity

Emotional Damage GIF by saschamoellersde

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

It took me a long time to beat the original Finest Hour.

Whoever developed and approved the First city to fall and Surrender at Aachen levels needs to be found and slapped with a Big Red One ps2 case.

Level design was awful, you took way too much damage and your allies were beyond useless.

Never started hard mode, I value my sanity

Oh yes.. Finest Hour is arguably Namco's WORST hour!

What a steaming heap.. unfortunately I had to keep playing because someone asked me to make a YouTube video of it.  Ugh!